ToysRUs Canada, proud to be Canadian owned and operated, has an Assistant Buyer opportunity at our Head Office, reporting to a Buyer. This role supports the Buyer with their categories and also buys for a smaller volume category.
We want to bring on someone who values what we value- teamwork, excellence, authenticity, accountability and integrity. In other words, we want you to fit in here. This is an opportunity for you to take on exciting responsibilities, build on your already strong skill set and help us achieve our goals, in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun.
- Supports the Buyer and provides promotional and administrative support for their categories including set up new SKUs and maintenance; Aptaris and JA data entry for advertising and Purchase Orders
- Coordinate and track Vendor Agreement development and approval process.
- Communicate with Vendors on behalf of the Buyer; requesting digital assets and copy for advertising, quote sheets and content from Vendor.
- Work with Buyer and Store Planning in coordination of in-store signage, displays and planograms.
- Responsible for buying a smaller volume category; working with existing and new Vendors to identify buying opportunities and market trends.
- Monitor merchandising business plans to ensure sales, margin, inventory and profitability targets are met in partnership with planner.
- Perform constant review of in-stock levels by store size relative to auto-replenishment orders and allocation charts for immediate turn around to secure fair share of allocations.
- Monitor and review eCommerce business ensure products and robust content with high quality images are listed
- Ensure placement and expedition of merchandise orders for upcoming advertised items and monitor sales activity on all SKUs.
- Perform product evaluations alongside Buyer through line review process and execute a SKU assortment plan by store format size review.
- Work with internal business teams to maximize synergy and collaboration for opportunities, launches and programs.
- Monitor inventory flow as related to chargebacks for late/early delivery and regular sales.
- Make competitive visits and analyze competitive pricing and advertising and make recommendations.
- Perform advertising analysis, approve/proof financial targets are met, data entry into PPM and approve submissions.
- Source, then execute and manage special projects, e.g. Event launches, in-store promotional activities, product knowledge seminars
- Respond to and follow up on requests from Stores and other Departments
- Previous buying experience expected with executing merchandising planning cycle that includes selection of merchandise mix, vendor negotiations and agreements, setting margin and profitability goals, monitoring sales patterns and inventory flow.
- Experience in coordinating/executing merchandising initiatives such as in-store activities and promotions that create excitement in our retail locations.
- Able to identify our competitive differentiation that results in maximizing sales and profitability.
- Possess basic effective negotiating skills and proven analytical skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the business.
- Knowledge of Toys “R” Us information systems and procedures such as AS400, IPS, PPM and Assortment planning a fundamental asset.
- Strong Excel skills including v-look up and pivot tables.
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein
- Française (Souhaité)
- Anglaise (Souhaité)