Established in 1948, Locke's Electrical is a diversified construction service provider, providing high quality construction while maintaining a safe work environment, competitive wages, a strong commitment to workplace safety and an opportunity for steady employment.
Locke's Electrical has an immediate job opening for a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic.
As a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic, you will be expected to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on our fleet of equipment, and servicing the needs of our diverse client base. This will include performing diagnostic tests and repairs to a variety of vehicles and equipment.
The successful candidate as:
- Journeyman Red Seal Certification with a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience
- Valid Class 5 license or optionally Class 3 with air brakes endorsement
- Must be a reliable team player, who is able to work with minimum supervision and prioritize safety
- Troubleshooting and running diagnostic tests on equipment
- Analyzing diagnostic and troubleshooting results
- Experience with vehicle engine diagnostics, steering mechanisms, transmissions, solenoids, braking systems, hydraulic systems, and electrical components
- Preventative maintenance experience
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Advance knowledge of diesel engine components
- Good IT, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools
- Good interpersonal skills
Please provide three references
Job Type: Full-time