Calea is Canada’s leader in the provision of products and services that safely and reliably support community-based infusion therapy, advanced wound care, and the need for general medical supplies.
We are a community partner and licensed Pharmacy, providing expert solutions and support resources to healthcare professionals, hospitals, patients and their caregivers, and home care programs across the country. Calea supports patient care provided by several of Ontario’s largest Local Health Integration Networks’ (LHINs) Home and Community Care services. Our customers also include Regional Health Authorities.
Our people, experience, systems, and facilities make us a trusted partner in delivering innovative, cost-effective, patient-focused care that preserves independence and enhances quality of life. With over 280 employees and pharmacy locations in four provinces, Calea is committed to continually advancing the delivery of safe, high-quality community care.
Join a team that makes a difference! Come grow with us!
We are currently seeking Order Entry clerks to work at our Hamilton location.
HOURS OF WORK
- Must be flexible to rotate on days, evenings and weekends.
The Order Entry Clerk is responsible for the entry of the medical and I.V. supply orders, using the computer system. The Order Entry Clerk prioritizes the medical and I.V. supply orders by date and time. Effective time management, excellent keyboarding skills and a strong sense of detail are essential to accomplish required tasks.
- Enter medical and I.V. supply orders into computer system.
- Review orders before entry to ensure that the orders are complete and accurate.
- Log into the telephone system and answer incoming calls.
- Ensure all non-EDI supply faxes are filed according to date and alphabetically.
- Assist customer service representatives by calling medical and IV supply clients to arrange delivery of their items.
- Filing of prescriptions and other pharmacy admin support
- Providing back-up relief for the Receptionist
- Any other tasks assigned by PA/CSR teamlead or Pharmacy Manager
- Order entry experience is preferred
- Typing ability of 50 words per minute using both alpha and numerical key pads is mandatory
- Knowledge of medical terminology is an asset
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and telephone skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong knowledge of computer systems and applications is mandatory
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the requirements of our evolving business needs