We are seeking a business minded and client friendly operational leader to help us build our new Energy Management Program.
The Energy Management Program will provide Alberta municipalities with a turn-key, simple solution for reducing operating costs, renewing equipment while allowing municipalities to realize the benefits of improved building comfort and efficiency.
Reporting to the Director, Energy Programs, the Program Manager is accountable for all operational aspects of the program including service delivery, coordination of project implementation through management of contracted vendors, account management and customer service, partnering with Client Development to drive program uptake, operational billing, financial settlement in partnership with Finance, and performance reporting. The Manager will be the AUMA’s subject matter expert on energy management and will be expected to perform due diligence on behalf of participating municipalities for all projects provided through the Energy Management Program.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Engineering, Facilities Management, Energy Management, Alternative Energy Technologies or a related field;
- Energy related certifications are considered an asset (i.e. CEM, CEA, CMVP, etc.);
- A Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within a related field (program management, business development, energy auditing, energy efficiency, environmental building design/operations, etc.);
- Minimum 3 years of experience in roles that involved management of vendors, key accounts and customer contracts;
- Must have demonstrated advanced knowledge of mechanical building systems, energy efficiency opportunities, energy budgeting and on-building power generation opportunities;
- Familiarity with energy performance contracting and energy as a service;
- Understanding of building operations within a municipal context is considered an asset;
Skills and Attributes
- Operationally strong implementor with the ability to develop and manage new processes and services in an evolving and uncertain environment;
- Design thinker with an ability to apply understanding of the entire energy efficiency industry: from policy and grants, to auditing and project development, through to financing and measurement and verification for operational efficiency;
· Continuous improvement mindset with an ability to stay abreast of trends, risks, and innovations in the energy management industry and implement program improvements;
· Observational and responsive demeanour with strong problem solving and conflict management skills to enable high client satisfaction;
· Strong administrator with an ability manage multiple priorities, meet deliverables with a quality response, prepare comprehensive, clear, and concise documents and presentations about complex issues;
· Capable of effectively interacting, communicating, influencing and collaborating with a variety of partners and stakeholders including senior leaders, staff, elected officials, municipal leaders, private businesses and provincial government staff.
- Provide day to day management of the Energy Management Program in alignment with corporate direction;
- Coordinating all program work to ensure efficient execution of operations and excellence in service delivery for the following key areas:
- Program Uptake
- Facility Auditing and Project Development
- Customer Contracting and Financing
- Project Execution/Implementation
- Measurement & Verification / Warranty
- Ongoing Account Management and Reporting
- Ensure high client satisfaction with the Energy Management Program and maintain strong relationships with participants by leading all program communication, coordinating all participant interactions, investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and utilizing strong business and technical communication;
- Manage a program data base and ensure accuracy of information (e.g. contact list, project information, contracts, etc.);
- Coordinate activities with vendor(s) and manage vendor performance in line with contracted service levels;
- Manage the end to end contract process with all program participants;
- Monitor competitive business activities, potential threats, significant opportunities and recommend actions;
- Ensure long-term viability of the Energy Management Program by establishing and working with internal Client Development Directors to meet revenue and growth targets;
- Provide input to the program’s business plan and annual operational plan, budget, and provide status updates, performance reports, etc. as required
- Prepare financial pro-forma and sensitivity models to support energy programming enhancements and issue analysis.
- Review technical information provided by vendor(s) (e.g. energy audits, energy conservation measures, project costs, timelines, etc.) for accuracy, reasonability and appropriateness;
- Advise and consult with program participants to ensure strong alignment of technical solutions with participant objectives;
- Act as the organization’s subject matter expert for all energy management related matters.
- Moderate travel with occassional overnight stays
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours as required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- program management: 5 years (Required)