We are currently looking for an onsite Environmental Manager who will lead and oversee the environmental management practices of a construction project. This is an exciting position where you will not only ensure compliance with legal and contractual environmental requirements for the project but also contributes to Kiewit’s enduring dedication to corporate social responsibility.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the environmental compliance for the project
- Identify, assess and reduce environmental risks to the company
- Update environnemental plans
- Perform and oversee field inspections and monitoring (water quality, underwater noise etc.)
- Identify wetland and sensitive environmental areas for protection and fencing in advance of construction activities.
- Maintaining project data tracking requirements
- Monitor, forecast and communicate environmental costs at the project level
- Develop and conduct environmental protection and awareness training to staff at all levels
- Function as a principal technical advisor and coordinator for environmental issues
- Coordinate with relevant crews on their work locations, material needs, quantities and invoices
- Interpret and apply environmental specifications and drawings avoiding and minimizing adverse effects to the natural environment and local communities.
- Prepare project and Kiewit required reports and communication of environmental risks to project management
- Attend field visits with Client and regulatory agencies
- Liaise with the client providing them design information, schedule details, quantities etc. ensuring they are aware of any unanticipated discoveries, critical permitting and compliance issues.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor or manager
- Minimum undergraduate degree in an environmental science or engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing design and construction environmental compliance for large construction projects (infrastructure experience would be ideal)
- Qualified Environmental Professional designation is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Provincial and Federal environmental legislation
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to travel and relocate as required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
- Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
- RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.