YES TV is looking for an outstanding and passionate media producer whose overall efforts will support the creative content growth on behalf of the expanding multi faith voice of YES TV in Western Canada in the full-time position of:
Broadcast / Media Producer
The Broadcast / Media Producer creates, produces and promotes all content and events for the Western Canadian division of YES TV performing the roles of researcher, writer and director. The chosen candidate will effectively strategize all PR to grow audiences and will be fully aligned and passionate about YES TV’s organizational mission:
We exist to be leading storytellers of faith, love, hope, joy and peace."
This position reports to the Director, Western Canada and works closely with internal and external stakeholders.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the Director, Western Canada with administration, production and marketing.
- Oversee all YES TV Alberta production and PR events from conception to completion.
- Create budgets and manage funding of projects.
- Implement visionary concepts / ideas / storytelling for productions with creative input into aspects that include writing, editing, audio and lighting.
- Ensure that all production related legislative, contractual or other regulatory administration is being carried out.
Specific Job Duties:
- Work with Director, Western Canada / Host(s) to determine all story content.
- Work with Director, Western Canada to prepare production / event budgets.
- Plan, organize and manage the various stages and scheduling involved with all media production, PR events and content marketing on various platforms.
- Schedule interviews / shooting time, edit time, cameras and field crew personnel.
- Supervise all production personnel on site.
- Script / content writing involvement.
- Oversee first rough cut / edit on all content.
- Oversee postproduction and provide input for the final edited version of all media.
- Maintain AB production archives.
- Source out additional video material when required to enhance production.
- Coordinate all marketing and distribution processes with YES TV Head Office.
- Consult with government regulatory agencies to evaluate and review programs and policies, and ensure conformance with regulations.
- Oversee music/audio and provide music clearance information.
- Negotiate and execute promotional agreements including details for special PR events with office administration.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Broadcast, Production or related media field.
- Minimum of five years of broadcast media experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Foundational knowledge of broadcast/media technology and environments.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others while driving measurable results.
- Strong working knowledge of a wide range of social media platforms.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit and/or faith-based setting.
- Passion in your work skill
- Committed to team excellence
- Effective leader and influencer
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and high-pressure environment with an ability to handle change
- Eye for detail
- Pride in delivering great work under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative
- Strategic thinker, problem solver
- Able to prioritize and organize effectively
- Friendly and collaborative environment
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission minded
How to Apply:
- Applications will be received no later than October 4, 2019 and should be addressed to the attention of: Robert Melnichuk, Director, Western Canada
- Applications will not be considered unless they include a cover letter which includes an explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s culture.
- We thank all applicants in advance but due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
Crossroads Television System is committed to equal opportunity employment
Job Type: Full-time