Quality Control Analyst
Under the direction of the Quality Control Supervisor, the Quality Control Analyst is responsible for conducting HPLC/UPLC Testing on OTC, NHP bulk products and raw materials which includes keeping complete and accurate records of all tests performed in accordance with cGMP and GDP guidelines.
Duties will include:
· Test samples using various analytical and physical techniques
· Collect and analyze data, perform calculations and statistical analyses of data
· Perform sample analyses to support process validation and stability program
· Perform peer review of laboratory analysis data
· Write and revise standard test methods (STMs)
· Provide Out-of-Specification investigation support
· Perform preventive maintenance and calibration of equipment
· Receive and log-in test samples for analysis
· Clean laboratory glassware and equipment
· Perform other related duties as assigned
We are seeking candidates with practical chemistry and analytical work experience. Qualified candidates must have a B.Sc. or College diploma with minimum 2 years of experience of conducting HPLC/UPLC testing, as well as general laboratory techniques including ICP, FTIR, Karl Fisher, titrations, and physical analysis methods. Mathematical skills and/or experience in statistical analysis techniques, word-processing, and experience with graphics and spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel are considered assets.
Preference will be given to candidates who work with precision and accuracy and are capable of performing and mastering new techniques effectively. Further, the candidate must be willing to comply with strict laboratory testing deadlines, be able to take initiative, be an independent thinker and worker as well as function exceptionally in a multi-departmental team environment. The
incumbent will also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be familiar with GLPs and GMPs. Experience in a QC environment in Pharma/Biopharma is considered and asset.
Reference ID: QC Analyst March 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent