Warehouse Order Picker Packer
Reporting to the Lead Hand for Retail and Shipping, at our manufacturing and distribution center in SCARBOROUGH, this role is responsible for packing, processing orders and maintaining quality while ensuring customer orders are processed in a timely and secure manner.
We’re looking for a candidate who can work in a fast-paced environment, has a keen attention to detail and can work with others under supervision in a team environment.
*** BONUS PAYMENT of up to $3.00 per hour !***
- Pulls and packs product based on daily orders.
- Weigh, measure or examine packaging and contents and use shipping software (Canada Post, UPS, Canpar, Loomis etc) to enter records.
- Select applicable packaging (box/container) for the order. Insert applicable packaging material, construct and seal once completed.
- Ensure shipping information is correct and attach to packages, move objects to the shipping area.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and adhere to health & safety policies and quality standards.
- Verify the order picked matches the packing slip.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of shipping software and other technologies required. (Basic computer skills required).
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Able to carry material to and from equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- 1 year experience as order picker preferred
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Exclusive access to our studio classes, special discounts on products and instructor training education
- Professional development and career growth
- Collaborative and supportive work culture
- At the present time, we will only consider those applicants who are legally authorized to work in Canada.
- A complete job description will be provided upon request
Merrithew™ is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please indicate so by notifying Human Resources.
Merrithew's mission is to motivate people of all ages and life stages to lead healthier lives through high-quality education programs and cutting-edge equipment. We do this by supporting and inspiring people worldwide to achieve optimal fitness and wellness through premium programming and equipment. Our mission is based on the value we place on education, connection, respect, passion, integrity, leadership, accountability and quality.
Merrithew has trained more than 60,000 partners worldwide in mind-body movement. Our premium Pilates program, STOTT PILATES®, is one of the most sought-after training modalities in the industry. This contemporary approach to the original exercise method pioneered by the late Joseph Pilates, is one of the safest, most effective methods of exercise available.
Merrithew has dedicated more than 30 years to building, crafting and perfecting high quality exercise equipment for professional and personal use. Using the highest quality materials and finest manufacturing processes in the industry, our equipment is versatile, durable and built to last, and is used by fitness and health
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00-$17.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- UPS or Canpar, or Amazon: 1 year (preferred)
- Computer: 1 year (required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place