Summary of Role
The Store Manager is fully accountable for the overall direction, planning and execution of all store related activities including financial results, customer satisfaction, safety, and employee engagement. The Store Manager must coach, mentor, train and retain a knowledgeable team while providing excellent customer service by ensuring customer needs are met, complaints are resolved and service is quick and efficient.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance the profitability, productivity and efficiency of the store including resource planning, budget development and managing efficiencies.
- Increase business by developing and enhancing relationships with new and existing customers.
- Responsible for P&L, profitable sales growth and attaining store monthly, quarterly and annual performance objectives and continually identify and implement improvements to improve productivity and profitability; Analyze daily and weekly reports to identify issues, find resolution to problems, ensures improvement plans are developed and executed.
- Liase with all internal departments in supporting promotions, regional sales teams, flyers, SPIFFs, planograms, sponsorships and all key marketing campaigns
- Maintain service level requirements to customers, handle customer complaints effectively and call on customers as required
- Complete monthly internal store audits and participate in senior leadership audits of stores.
- Determine staffing requirements based on store needs. Identify opportunities to improve staffing utilization and manage overall payroll costs
- Maintain strict inventory controls (including cycle and full inventory counts) on all product movements inbound and outbound to minimize product shrinkage
- Continually identify and implement process improvements and efficiency enhancements to improve productivity levels and profitability
- Coordinate facility maintenance, execution of standard operating procedures, security and distribution of goods
- Ensure housekeeping, branding, product merchandising, cleanliness, safety, health and environmental compliance is included as part of everyday activities
- Providing support for the collection of Accounts Receivables of their store’s customers
- Lead and manage a high performing team, including recruiting, hiring, on boarding, training, motivating, recognizing, and managing performance
- Coach, mentor, train and retain a knowledgeable team
- Ensure compliance with provincial legislation and all established company policies and procedures
- Sell and support a diversified line of products via phone, fax, email and over-the-counter, promotin
- Private Brands and eCommerce channels whenever possible.
- Develops relevant industry expertise to understand local market trends, customer opportunities, competition and build strong community relationships.
- Schedule workforce to ensure business and customer needs are met
- Has the knowledge and ability to perform all positions and shifts if needed.
- Maintain the “Never Say No” attitude/mantra and be the Ambassador for the Bumper to Bumper Brand
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Technical skills
- Diploma or Degree in business or related field preferred; equivalent combination will be considered
- Previous Store Management experience in an automotive aftermarket industry preferred
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge
- General business acumen, including understanding of P&Ls, key drivers and reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience with outside sales is an asset
- Holds a valid driver’s license
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated customer service orientation with a high level of urgency and consistency
- Strong leadership competencies including people leadership and team building to support growth and development
- Inventory control and product delivery experience is an asset
- Experience training team members and providing feedback
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Capacity to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create a positive, safe and healthy work environment
- Required to work the hours necessary to open and/or close the store.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Championing Execution
- Taking Ownership
- Building and Maintaining R
- WOW The Customers
- Leading as a Coach
- Building effective Teams
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- auto parts: 1 year (Preferred)