Capital Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
At AutoCanada we are passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. We know that to be successful we need the best people. We aim to be the destination for top talent and are committed to hiring the best people to curate exceptional experiences for our customers. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
What We Offer
- Paid vacation
- Competitive compensation and incentive plan
- Health and dental benefits
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Capital Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is an AutoCanada dealership and although we have gone through many changes in how we do business, one thing that has remained unchanged is our belief that successful businesses are built on long-lasting relationships. We understand that in today’s market, clients have options, our goal is to build a relationship of trust with every client through honesty, empathy, and transparency.
We are looking for a Controller who will manage the accounting and reporting functions as well as the accounting processes and procedures within the dealership. You will report directly to Head Office and work closely with the Dealer Principal. In this pivotal role, you will act as part of the senior management team and will participate actively in the both the financial and operational functions of the dealership.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Financial planning, budgeting and expense control
- Attend senior management meetings related to forecasting and budgeting
- Oversee or perform tasks to ensure that financial functions are reconciled monthly including (but not limited to): cash, accounts receivables, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts payables, manufacturer statements, payroll administration, vehicle deal commissioning, intercompany accounts
- Meet all monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines as required by Head Office and the Dealer Principal/GM’s including: monthly reconciliations, monthly and quarterly reporting, covenant calculations, financial analysis, year-end reporting, etc.
- Review and maintain all dealership contracts
- Coach, mentor, lead and train accounting staff at the dealership
- Liaise with head office staff and all senior members of management
- Complete analysis or requests made by the Dealer Principal or General Managers of the individual store
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Completion of post-secondary education in accounting or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years or more of relevant work experience
- Experience working in a dealership would be considered an asset
- Prior experience in an accounting oversight role is required
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication combined with the ability to interact and gain the support of senior leadership and other decision makers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage priorities, perform a variety of tasks and meet required deadlines and targets
- Results-driven and career focused individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to be successful.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful
- Excellent skills in Word and Excel. Highly skilled in standard office software (MS Office, SharePoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of CDK, Reynolds and Reynolds and Tableau computer systems would be considered an asset
- Experience managing large corporate sales accounts would be considered an asset
- Previous sales experience, preferably B2B (business to business) is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of CDK and/or ADP is considered an asset
- Experience working with Caseware is considered an asset
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving history
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.autocan.ca . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. AutoCanada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
AutoCanada is a multi-location automotive dealership group operating in both Canada and the United States. Our model enables us to serve a diversified geographic customer base and enjoy benefits not available to single location dealerships. AutoCanada trades under the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ACQ. The multi-location dealership model enables AutoCanada to serve a diversified geographic customer base providing a range of services to customers including new and used vehicle sales, financing, leasing, automotive service and repair, collision repair, and parts sales. Founded in 2006, AutoCanada has expanded significantly and continues to grow. Today, customers are served by more than 4,200 employees comprised of automotive service technicians, sales experts, and support staff from offices across Canada.