Vancouver Youth Support Recovery Program – Vancouver (Job #7300 – 2001)
Regular Full Time (Hours of work 3 pm-11 pm)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS requires an experienced Youth Addictions Program Facilitator for our Vancouver Youth Support Recovery Program. The successful applicant will be part of an integrated youth services team providing addictions and mental health supports to youth.
The Youth Addictions Program Facilitator is a member of the residential and clinical care team that is responsible for the direct care of youth and young adults placed at one of our two substance use supportive recovery homes in East Vancouver. The program provides pre and posts supportive recovery programming for youth with persistent substance-use issues with, or without, concurrent mental health issues in a safe, supportive environment.
This position requires a sound understanding of addictions, mental health, and trauma-informed practices. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of successful addictions treatment practices for youth and young adults, and the ability to balance clinical methodologies with relationship-based practice. The program facilitator will assist with the creation and implementation of addictions focused therapeutic groups for program participants.
· Assist in the planning, development, and execution of various groups.
· Co-facilitate and assist the clinical counsellor in program execution (including clinical groups).
· Execute planned groups in the absence of the clinical counsellor.
· Providing recreational activities and life skills instruction to program participants.
· Implement behavioural management strategies with complex concurrent disorders youth.
· Participate in case conferences/meetings with members of the multidisciplinary team for the identification and management of youth mental health and substance abuse issues.
· Establishing and maintaining relationships/communication with community partners, colleagues, community health services, and other healthcare professionals.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
· Certificate in Child and Youth Care, Social Work, or a related field, plus one year of experience.
· Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
· Standard first-aid certificate and CPR
· Substance Abuse/Addictions Counselling Training
· Valid Driver’s License
· Learning Disabilities training including FASD, ADHD, experience in Health Promotion and/or Adolescent Alcohol and Drug Treatment.
Salary Range: $24.01/hour – $27.33/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
Closing Date: January 24, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”
Please quote “Job #7300 - 2001” on your cover letter
and in the subject line of emails.
Resumes without Job # and cover letters will not be accepted.
Only those qualified for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time