Amphenol Canada Corp. an ISO 9001 Company, is a subsidiary of Amphenol Corporation of Wallingford, CT. and is exclusively dedicated to the development, manufacturing and marketing of connector systems for both the aerospace and commercial market segments.
The top priorities of this position are to design and establish manufacturing processes that will ensure performance and test requirements for custom ceramic capacitors to best practice. These include but are not limited to design and process related functions, including but not limited to: screen printing, slurry and slip chemistry, green ceramic build-up, sintering, metallization, and testing. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work closely and effectively with other departments and possess excellent verbal and written English skills. Due to the nature of this fast-paced position, an efficient person that is dedicated to accuracy would be best suited. Productivity, decision making, completion of objectives, on time release of project information, and accuracy will measure performance. Opportunities for advancement and growth could be to Engineering Manager.
- Analyzing customer requirements, and designing green capacitor to meet the requirements.
- Analyzing electrical requirements (Mil/Industry/customer) and determine capabilities.
- Manage new product launch into production. This involves calling on appropriate resources at the appropriate time and ensuring development schedule is met.
- Various lean manufacturing and other cost reduction initiatives.
- Customer specification reviews.
- Design review of new capacitors.
- Suggesting redesign of existing products to meet new specifications and cost targets.
- Test prototypes and samples to determine electrical performance.
- Understand the customer’s application and testing criteria to test for compliance.
- Ensure designs meet both price and performance targets.
- Trouble shooting production issues and implementing effective solutions.
- Define and implement cost reductions.
- Implement cycle time reduction projects.
- Purchasing assistance and vendor interface.
- Disposition of non-conforming materials and failure analysis.
- Support for Design Engineering and Marketing for new product inquiries.
- Ensure product design meets projected costs for both material and manufacturing.
- Assist Disposition of Returned Material Requests (RMR) and Corrective Action Requests (CAR).
- Detailed and in-depth analysis of root causes.
- Source potential vendors for supplying component parts
- Other related duties as required.
- Works closely with engineering team and production.
- Provide technical support to multi-levels of employees, while working in a team environment.
- Provide electrical design support for all products
ASPECTS OF POSITION:
- Variety of tasks.
- Exposure to manufacturing departments.
- Team atmosphere.
- Heavy workload.
- High-pressured position requiring a high level of productivity.
1. Must abide by all Health and Safety Rules and have demonstrated commitment to good housekeeping/organizational practices.
2. Maintain good working relationships with others.
3. Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of the work environment, this includes active participation in company committees, project teams and relevant job training
4. Commit to your self-development goals as discussed with your supervisor and attend all company-sponsored training.
- Knowledge of fine ceramic properties
- Working knowledge of electrical/technical ceramics
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem solving and quality improvement skills (FMEA, 8D)
- High Frequency design/testing experience
- Computer skills – CAD preferred, Excel required
- Ability to make powerful offers and manage commitments
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of statistics, including SPL methods
Important factors that impact performance
- Aptitude/capacity to learn
- Attitude & beliefs
- Self motivation
- Capacitor knowledge-design and manufacturing
- Professional Engineer Designation
- Project management
- Failure mode analysis
- Connector experience
- Military specification familiarity
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experienced with managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods
- Effective trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Geometric dimensioning
- Tool and part design
- Green or Black Six Sigma belt
- DOE, ANOVA and quantitative Statistical Analysis tools
- Thick Film Technology/Technical Screen Printing Experience
- CNC Programming Experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience
Amphenol Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity you should advise Amphenol, in a timely fashion, of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)