At AIR MILES,
we bring our brand essenceto life by being…
Makinglife more fun with little surprises and big discoveries
Inspiringdaily progress through lively reinforcement and a collaborative community
Delivering value Collectorscan use for big goals or daily indulgences
Understanding,anticipating and staying a step ahead of Collectors’ needs
Today, there are more waysthan ever to engage shoppers. At AIR MILES, we believe that understanding thepeople behind the purchase is key to winning their hearts – and their wallets.
For over two decades andfrom more than fifty locations around the globe, we have paired expertise inshopper behavior with advanced analytics to uncover the data-driven insightsthat drive successful loyalty, marketing and merchandising solutions.
At AIR MILES, we knowthat in coming together we are at our strongest – and that together we canhelp shape the future for our clients, their shoppers and our communities.
For more information, visit:
AIR MILES is dedicated to enriching the careers and lives of ourassociates which is evident by the following on-site amenities, including:
Who you are:
- Open concept and casual relaxed attire within the office
- Free on-site coffee, beverages, fruit & snacks
- If you prefer Apple products, we are here to help
- Subsidized café providing healthy food options
- On-site gym with complimentary classes
- Games room, outdoor terrace, mini-putt, ping-pong, shuffleboard &Foosball
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Free shuttle bus from Union Station
- Inclusive events for co-ops, sports games, nights out & more!
- Internal co-op mentoring program
- One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS)
- The ability to work in an open concept environment with no assignedseating
- Companywide volunteer event and charitable matching donations
On your AIR MILES Adventure, you will be involvedin:
- You have sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solvingdifficult problems. Strong analytical skills and use of data for sounddecision-making.
- You bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strongcollaboration.
- You strive for constant improvement in both yourself and your team inmeaningful ways.
- You are someone others look to for solving difficult problems, bounceideas off and providing an alternate viewpoint.
- You know or want to know when or why to use Angular, Java or Python, orNode.
We are looking for you to bring to the team:
- Working with our creative software development team to build andmaintain web services for AIR MILES
- Explore and test new data platforms identifying weaknesses, strengthsand opportunities
- Work closely with the Marketing, Solution Architects, 3rd Vendorand Support Teams to ensure a successful design, development and seamlessimplementation to production
- A desire to learn and grow
- Sound agile development practices (code reviews, testing, etc.)
- Open mind to new ideas and delivery
Technologies that we have used, are using or willbe using. Help us discover and learn more!
You would describe yourself as having:
- Apache Spark (including ML and MLLIB)
- Apache Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Oozie, YaRN, Mahout)
- Scala, Java, Springboot, Python
- ElasticSearch, SQL
- Linux (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu)
- AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, and more
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Enthusiasm and experience working in an Agile team environment
- Software Engineering experience
- Understanding of machine learning
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark and Hadoop
Please submit your application consisting of yourresume and transcripts.
You would describe yourself as having:
- Transcripts to submit: all university grades received to date
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or equivalent· Enthusiasm and experience working in an Agile team environment· Software Engineering experience