Reporting to the Community Manager this position also reports indirectly to the Regional Sales and Marketing Manager. This role plays a critical role in the successful operations of a multi residential Premium complex and in the overall success of Timbercreek Communities.
The Leasing & Administration Specialist thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and possesses strong negotiation, sales and communication skills. They are responsible for the leasing units and maintaining an occupancy rate of 100% in a portfolio of multi-residential apartments as well as the day to day administration of the property.
Premium Objective: To leverage Timbercreek Communities experience and operating systems to create a platform that delivers a Premium Living Experience in select properties, allowing us to compete in the changing marketplace and become the leading owner/operator of Premium Multi-Residential Properties in Canada.
Who We Look For: We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do. Work with a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion for providing above and beyond resident experiences.
- Demonstrate excellent sales/leasing skills, continuously seeking to minimize vacancy and achieve leasing targets
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports
- Complete and maintain guest cards according to established procedures
- Greet prospective residents and determine their needs and desires for accommodation (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.)
- Show community and suite(s), applying product knowledge to match the client’s needs by communicating the features and benefits
- Close the sale
- Complete application to lease with the prospect, secure deposit and other required documentation in accordance with company procedures
- Submit application for approval and promptly advise applicant of approval review outcome
- Prepare lease agreements, secure new resident signature(s) on all required paperwork prior to move-in, and process paperwork in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure all suites are completely ready for resident to move-in on agreed date
- Maintain accurate record of monthly commission bonuses
- Participate in training as required
- Complete and submit as required Traffic, Sales & Log reports
- Stay constantly abreast of competitive offerings by playing an active role in conducting market surveys and regularly shopping the competition
- Ensure that a superior level of co-operation, service and support is provided to residents
- Promptly respond to resident issues and service requests
- Be available to residents for general inquiries about living in their suite, building and community
- Actively managing lease renewals and retention program
- Collaborate with cleaning and maintenance teams to ensure optimal service to residents
- Follow up on work orders as needed
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the building including but not limited to:
- Responsible for enforcing the terms of lease agreements, such as rent collection, rules and regulations, and following procedures of serving notices to residents
- Receiving and coordinating service requests
- Receiving tenancy termination notices, reviewing rent ready and vacancy reports
- Assisting with "move-in" and "move-out" procedures and surveys
- Any other duties as requested by management.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years of related experience in a sales or related role
- Experience with Leasing principles would be an asset
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of following through to achieve results
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi, Email, Internet)
- Strong team player, eager and willing contributor to team success even in areas outside of position requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to allocate own time effectively, work well under pressure, and manage tight deadlines
- A commitment to "Best in Class" Customer Service
- A demonstrated high degree of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond to issues appropriately
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment
- Self-motivated individual with a “can-do” and “no task is too big or too small” attitude
- Superior organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
Timbercreek Communities is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All selected candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment criminal & background checks. Any offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory results of all applicable checks. We thank all applicants for their submissions.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Timbercreek Communities we believe that apartments are more than bricks and mortar - they are an experience.
Started in 1999 with one small building in Oakville Ontario, we now manage a portfolio of over 200 multi-family residential buildings throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
Timbercreek Communities takes pride in ownership and an active hands-on approach to how we manage our communities. We are committed to working together collaboratively with our team and community members to create better living experiences, operating with the strategy of being a “Great Place to Be” for our residents and team members.
Our Vision: “We create better living and working experiences together”
Our Core Values:
- Great Place to Work
- Great Place to Live
- Ownership Mindset
- Community Focus
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Bonus scheme
- Vacation & paid time off
- Subsidised gym membership
- Employee assistance programs
- Company events & social hours
- Life insurance
Job Types: Commission, Permanent
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)