their business requirements.
- Attends various user group meetings to keep current on systems issues from both technical and
system user perspectives.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the
- Completion of a Diploma or Certificate from a technical institute with a minimum of two (2) years
of experience working with a large scale and complex application specific to a Business Group or
functional group across the organization, such as McLaren, DAD, PassPort, SAP, SAM, ADCS
(Itron OCE), MDMS (Itron IEE), where experience in the following has been acquired: application
troubleshooting and correction procedures; quality control procedures and standards; problem
escalation procedures; application design and development process; user documentation; and
application testing; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more computer applications assigned to the position (as
determined by operational need), such as McLaren, DAD, Passport, SAP, SAM, ADCS (Itron
OCE), MDMS (Itron IEE).
- Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with peers,
managers and external contacts.
- Requires a valid BC driver's licence or demonstrated ability to meet travel requirements
- Satisfactory performance on this job may require completion of BC Hydro’s Electrical
Fundamentals within 12 months.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
- A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain the following requirements in good
Driver's License Type = Class 5
- Please note that this position will support DAD, SAM, PowerGrid and PowerOn. As such,
experience with DAD, SAM, PowerGrid and PowerOn will be considered an asset.
- This is an 18 month temporary role supporting the GIS applications.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation
to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we
invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.