Noranco is a world class, integrated manufacturer and solutions provider to the international commercial and military aerospace sectors. We provide added value to our customers through a wide range of sophisticated capabilities including high precision machining and sheet metal fabrication, processing, assembly, testing and supply chain management
Duties include managing effectively the flow of parts and materials through the various manufacturing processes on the production floor in accordance with the production schedule to meet Customer requirements.
- Excellent working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, Visual an asset.
- Plan and release Work Orders as per MRP.
- Distribute dispatch reports and ensure each work center is scheduled to meet the production schedule.
- Reconcile all material issues associated with the job.
- Complete all engineering and customer change requests of WIP/finished stock.
- Liaise with Methods to resolve any issue impeding Order Release.
- Liaise with Purchasing to expedite material shortages where required.
- Develop contingency plans for any orders tracking behind to production schedule to ensure 100% OTD
- Liaise with Customer Service to update order progress details.
- Responsible for review/update work order batch sizes and part lead times to reduce WIP and reduce cycle time.
- Responsible to track/monitor WIP at various manufacturing stages and identify actions required to meet/beat the targets.
- Responsible to identify alternate scheduling opportunities that will enhance product throughput and reduce inventory and cycle time.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Education in Operations Management or related field.
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment in a similar role.
- CPIM designation or in pursuit.
- Working knowledge of ERP, MRPII systems required.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and principles required.
- Excellent computer software skills, MS excel, access, project etc.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure in a high paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Customer Concentric.
- Attention to Detail.
- Initiative and Results Focused.
- Problem Solving.
- Work is performed in an office environment. Frequently required to be on the manufacturing floor.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Use of office equipment including computers, etc.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as hard hat, safety shoes, safety goggles, ear plugs, fitted dust mask, etc. as required.
- Must be able to take on new assignments as required.
- Must work under deadlines and related stresses in a timely manner.
- Must be able to handle various personnel and other situations as they arise in a professional manner.
Noranco offers a very safe, modern and forward thinking environment and a highly competitive compensation package including:
- Full-time, permanent employment
- An excellent Benefits package (Health Care, Dental, Life insurance, Health Care Spending Account, Travel insurance, Long-term Disability insurance, and more)
- Company match Retirement Savings Program
- Employee Perks such as discounts on gym memberships, CAA memberships, car insurance, Costco memberships, hotels, theme parks, movie passes & more
- Compensation is competitive and based on skill and ability
We would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.