The SAP FICO Consultant is responsible for the implementation and ongoing support of the Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling (CO) SAP modules within the company’s operations, including providing functional expertise, guidance, presentation and instruction on system best practices to process owners. The consultant also shares industry experience for robust, integrated and end-to-end solution recommendations to a business requirement.
This position requires extensive travel to Mills within Canada.
- Facilitates the implementation and support of SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling modules to enhance the Company’s business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining a high degree of stakeholders’ satisfaction.
- Leads the design, configuration and testing of the following: (1) Core FI/CO modules (GL, AP, AR,C)-PC,CO-PA); (2) Asset Management; (3) Consolidations in EC-CS; (4) CO-PA;
- Prepares detailed functional specifications for customized development activities including reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements and forms.
- Develops conversion and FICO functions testing plan.
- Works with users to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications.
- Develops and documents SAP functional, business and/or system interface requirements by analyzing Service Requests, Problem Reports and Change Requests and recommending changes to address requests.
- Leads users in detailed business process blueprint activities.
- Interprets those business project requirements and configuring SAP FICO to support those processes.
- Manages every aspect of project stages activities within FICO area ensuring quality and accountability of the project completion.
- Ensures configuration of system integration points between SAP FICO and other integrated modules.
- Plans and leads performance, stress and other capacity testing scenarios on the SAP landscape and the management of transport requests.
- Ensures documentation and communication elements are maintained and meet the appropriate policy and corporate standards.
Customer Support and Service
- Acts as liaison with key users for troubleshooting: investigates, analyzes, and solves software problems.
- Provides user-level consultation, which is not limited to coaching, resolution of issues and analysis of issues to establish if there is a case for configuration changes or business process change requests via enhancement or improvements requests.
- Participates in the development, review of training materials and take part in training delivery where required for new releases of SAP or in cases of changes and enhancements in SAP functionality for adoption of new Business scenarios.
- Performs functional module, industry knowledge and other skills sharing relevant to improving the work effectiveness of the IT & SAP team and business stakeholders.
- Masters / Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce;
- CGA or CMA accounting designation is considered an asset;
- Certification in SAP-FICO a plus;
- At least 5 years of SAP FI/CO configuration experience, including knowledge of key integration points, with at least 4 projects full lifecycle SAP FICO implementation experience (project preparation through to go-live);
- In-depth knowledge of SAP CO-PC (product costing) with experience in Make-to-Stock and/or Make-to-Order scenarios; experience in process industries would be preferable.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and IFRS standards;
- Hands on experience in costing in large manufacturing organizations will be added advantage
- Proficient in cross functional integration knowledge of SAP modules FICO with PP, MM, SD and PM
- Extensive functional experience in General Ledger, New G/L, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Asset Accounting, Bank Accounting, Cash Management, and Consolidations.
- CO expertise in Cost and Revenue Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Activity Based Costing, Internal Orders, Profit center Accounting, Variance calculation, cost estimation and settlement, COPC and COPA.
- Experience with report writer and report painter;
- Experience with product costing and material ledger;
- Strong business knowledge and process design skills;
- Ability to analyze problems and provide clear recommendations;
- An effective problem solver;
- Reading and understanding of ABAP code is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated project management skills in the design, development and implementation of large-scale projects;
- Ability to facilitate collaboration with internal and external groups to ensure participation of key stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills. An active listener;
- Demonstrated high standards of integrity;
- Possess situational awareness of surroundings with the ability to adapt to new and changing environments, who can relate well at all levels;
- A high sense of urgency with regards to moving projects forward and making operational improvements.
- This position involves extensive travel to Mills within Canada
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. All applications will be carefully reviewed, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- o Core FI/CO modules (GL, AP, AR, CO-PC, CO-PA): 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)