The Heavy Duty Automotive Technician is responsible for a variety of duties relating to the repair and maintenance of vehicles. Automotive Technicians are required to work in a fast paced environment at a high efficiency rate to meet the demands of the shop and our customers. This position reports directly to the Shop Foreman and must work within the OK Tire policies and procedures and in compliance with all territorial Acts and Legislation.
- Road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components for diagnostic of issues.
- Perform automotive repairs including, but not limited to, front-end, engine repair, tune-ups, brake systems, transmission, inspections and oil changes.
- Review work order and services required with Shop Foreman before beginning the work.
- Ensure all known necessary parts are provided before beginning work.
- Notify Parts Advisor immediately of additional parts required to complete the job.
- Notify Shop Foreman if any unforeseen issues arise.
- Assist other team members with repairs/maintenance, as required.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed thoroughly and accurately as neatly as possible.
- Be able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities on a daily basis.
2.) Shop Related
- Ensure work area is kept neat and tidy including cleaning/sweeping daily.
- Dispose of used items in appropriate recycling areas and notify Shop Foreman when removal is required.
- All employees must wear appropriate OK Tire apparel and are in a presentable condition.
3.) Customer services
- Provide explanation and diagnosis of repairs needed, when required to do so.
- Perform vehicle walk around before beginning work and inform Shop Foreman of any existing damage immediately.
- Ensure customer vehicle is kept clean and free from any damages while in our possession.
- Take ownership of your repairs and strive to ensure all necessary components are completed to ensure customer satisfaction and zero return defects.
4.) Health & Safety
- Complete a job hazard analysis before each and every job.
- Eye, ear protection (safety glasses and ear plugs) and steel toed boots are mandatory when working with all equipment. Eye and ear protection will be provided by OK Tire.
- Avoid leaving tools, parts, etc in walk ways to cause hazards around the shop.
- Ensure all hazardous liquids are kept sealed when not in use.
- Inform Shop Foreman or General Manager of any hazards immediately.
- Attend monthly safety meetings and participate with ideas and feedback.
5.) Professional Development
- Develop personal skills and capabilities through ongoing training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38.00 to $46.00 /hour
- Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)