Ministry: Advanced Education
Division Name: Strategic and Corporate Services
Branch Name: Information and Technology Management
Project Title: Workforce Development 1GX (ERP)
Requisition Name: Program Manager (Workforce Development 1GX (ERP))
Location of Work: Phipps-McKinnon, 10020 - 101A Avenue Edmonton AB T5J 3G2
Estimated Workdays: 247
Estimated Start Date: 06-Aug-2019
Estimated End Date: 31-Jul-2020
Estimated Hours Per Day: 8.00
The Program Manager is responsible for all information management and technology (IMT) initiatives that are being delivered on behalf Workforce Development Sector and its business partner ministries in support of 1GX, One Government eXperience, the Government of Alberta’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) initiative. Responsibilities include the development of program management strategy/plans, budget/forecast, managing deadlines and dependencies across initiatives/projects, resourcing, and coordination of project team activities within the program.
- Will identify opportunities to develop/enhance/transform IMT services/enterprise solutions in with WFD and its business partner ministries in support of 1GX, and ensure effective and efficient business practices and business services,
- Will assist in developing a comprehensive understanding of the business partner’s needs gained through effective and trusted relationships to support adoption of 1GX and capitalize on transformation opportunities as a result of 1GX implementation,
- Is a key communicator and change agent to proactively engage with business partners to align business needs to sector IMT capabilities and jointly develop and maintain technology priorities related to 1GX,
- Supports the development of strong relationships between IMT sectors, ministries and service suppliers,
- Supports the Portfolio Delivery team to ensure that IMT services are delivered to the business partners, in a context that best supports the business needs, business drivers and priorities of the business organization in support of 1GX.
- Manages a portfolio of concurrent initiatives to support 1GX,
- Contribute to the development of deliverables including: 1GX department roadmaps, governance documents, assessments, business impact assessments and reports,
- Work with both business partners and IMT resources to define scope, outcomes, timelines and deliverables that support 1GX implementation and capitalize on business transformation within the business departments.
- Manage program communications through regular meetings, business activity monitoring and progress reporting,
- Contribute to the development of other related documents such as: proposals, business plans and strategy documents,
- Obtain ongoing updates from Portfolio Delivery Leads on project status,
- Participate in change management and communication planning.
- Assist in the resolution of escalations and issues that are impeding project delivery to support 1GX
Description of Services
As Program Manager for the Workforce Development (WFD) Sector 1GX* Program, the consultant will be responsible for delivering a program plan that integrates project plans, identifies resources required, monitors project progress and provides leadership to team members and other IMT delivery teams specifically related to:
- Planning, oversight and coordination for the implementation of approved projects and maintenance releases supporting WFD and business partner ministries in support of 1GX.
- Planning, oversight and coordination for the pre-implementation fo releases, which include business awareness and confirmation aligned to business processes
- Compile program/ project charters and business/project plans to support activities, including the most suitable approach to be used in the development of each applicable program/project, to ensure business objectives and data integrity are achieved.
- Manage a portfolio of project(s) that will document business requirements, design and deliver IT solutions that are compliant with and contribute to the Ministries’ enterprise architecture.
- Ensure that annual program business cases are developed and maintained including the development of a program roadmap and forecasts.
- Create and maintain program forecasts throughout the year that reflect approved plans.
- Assist business and program sponsors with the development of program vision and strategic deliverables as required.
- Provide leadership to project teams in establishing strategic planning, program/project definition and overall program communications.
- Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
- Produce and package deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other program/project stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects, project managers/resources and project governance.
- Work with program/project sponsors to ensure that effective program/project communication exists through the duration of the program/project including escalation of risks as required.
- Take responsibility for ongoing client satisfaction – manage peer-level client relationships and overcome hurdles to ensure win-win solutions.
- Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined program/project plan that clearly states the program/ project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget.
- Work with program/project sponsors and the project management office to develop a program/project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders.
- Document and report program/project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources and facilitate tracking and closure of issues and risks.
- Develop program/project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans and take corrective action for completion of program/project tasks.
- Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of program/project tasks.
- Develop, as required, related requirements documentation.
- In collaboration with program/project sponsors, assess whether the program/project achieved stated outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement for future similar program/projects.
- Provide leadership and assistance to business and project teams that require change management and communication support.
- Work within the standards defined by the project management office and in the absence of standards work with the project management office to define new standards.
Job Type: Contract