NatureFresh™ Farms is a Leamington-based greenhouse company with facilities in Leamington, ON and Delta, OH. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team is expanding every day, growing new plant varieties and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at NatureFresh™, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. NatureFresh™ Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Greenhouse Supervisor at our greenhouse operation in Leamington, ON.
A Greenhouse Supervisor works in a dynamic team environment alongside General Laborers, the Greenhouse Manager, and the Human Resources team to ensure production and other processes within the greenhouse operation are running smoothly. If standards are met for quality, safety, and employee performance, and a positive team atmosphere is maintained, the Greenhouse Supervisor has done their job well!
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Coaching employees and demonstrating proper plant maintenance processes such as pruning, twisting, de-leafing, picking, clipping, string tying etc. on an on-going basis
· During crop turnover they are responsible for ensuring all cleanout tasks and start up tasks are completed including ensuring the greenhouse is cleaned and ready for planting
· Monitoring plant conditions and reporting any concerns to the Growers.
· Planning, delegating, motivating and leading the team well to improve performance and quality, while ensuring work is done efficiently, correctly and up to quality standards
· Training, organizing and developing work schedules
· Collaborating with the Growers to ensure proper allocation of staff and work
· Aiding in pest monitoring and helping staff identify pest and disease problems
· Ensuring all company health and safety and food compliance policies, procedures and standards are adhered to while upholding and monitoring quality control to ensure standards are met at all times
· Maintaining confidentiality of all proprietary information, as well as other Company data, including personnel information
· Monitoring and reporting maintenance needs to the Growers and Maintenance Department or preforming minor repairs as needed.
· Providing feedback, performance reviews and if necessary; apply progressive discipline processes for non-compliances, in a respectful manner
· Completing required paperwork according to policies set out by NatureFresh
· Supervisor experience within greenhouse operations is required
· English is Required
· Spanish is an Asset.
· Excellent oral communication skills are essential
· Attention to detail is essential
· Must be a team player
· The greenhouse environment can be very hot, humid, moist, or cold for most of the year
· The greenhouse environment may have bees, bugs, and pests
· Working with a team made up of people from different cultural backgrounds
· Hours will fluctuate to reflect ongoing needs of the business, approximately 44-60 hours per week
· Available to work Monday through Saturday
· Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
· Some heavy lifting
· Utilizing and pulling a scissor cart
$18 - $24 will be based on experience. Statutory holiday pay applicable.
634 Mersea Rd 7 Leamington ON, 645 HWY 77 Leamington ON, 525 Essex Rd 14 Leamington ON, 520 Mersea Rd 10 Leamington ON
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 634 Mersea Rd 7, by fax at 519-326-6356, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time