Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada (PTAC) is an energetic organization that serves as a neutral non- profit facilitator of collaborative R&D and technology development, and operates in partnership with all industry stakeholders to transform challenges into opportunities. By effectively leveraging financial resources and technical expertise through our proven model, PTAC has been able to support collaborative networks which advance innovative R&D and technology development projects, that address pertinent industry challenges through activities which reduce environmental footprint and costs, increase reserves and production, improve operational efficiencies, advance regulatory development, and provide our industry with the social license to operate.
PTAC manages two Networks which serve as hybrid virtual/hands-on entrepreneurial hubs with the mission of launching innovative applied research and technology development projects in support of and the oil and gas industry. These Networks provide:
· Uniform, neutral and complete communications to all stakeholders;
· A unique interactive digital media platform for engagement and collaboration;
· Educational and knowledge mobilization opportunities through media articles, web posts, webinars, workshops, and the new annual innovation Forum, among other events;
· Alignment of the current fledging community of practice into a common understanding of research needs, technology gaps, scientific opportunities and promising developments;
· Relevant and market driven applied research and technology development projects, informed by respected scientific advisors, experienced end-users, and prospective customers;
· Recognition of excellence through annual student and small and medium sized enterprise innovation awards.
Offering flexible hours, PTAC is seeking a proactive Communications Specialist to join our team. The Communications Specialist will primarily be dedicated to supporting and facilitating the Networks from a communications and administrative perspective, but will also have an opportunity to network with a variety of stakeholders working at the forefront of the oil and gas industry and help facilitate the day to day operations of PTAC.
Reporting to PTAC President, the Communications Specialist’s duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Managing the day to day operations of the organization, with respect to Network deliverables, including but not limited to committee facilitation, website management, Network communications, and overall program coordination.
· Coordinating workshops, forums, and conferences.
· Assist with PTAC membership coordination, general and project administration, and corporate records, as required.
· Preparation and execution of all corporate communications pieces for the Networks, including but not limited to PowerPoint Presentations, Event Invitations, Network Related Reports, Sponsorship Solicitation, News Releases, Network Project Summaries, etc.
· Administrative support to PTAC’s Technical Director.
· Management of Network related social media and website channels, including the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of web traffic analytics.
· Facilitation of Network steering committees and sub-committees to ensure deliverables are met, and monitoring of project progress, budget, timelines, budget and risks, to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
· Execution of directives and action items as required or assistance to committee members to complete their actions items/directives.
· Coordination with other industry associations and groups to promote cross collaboration where necessary.
· Preparation and distribution of Network project materials including expression of interest forms and funding agreements.
Experience and Skills Required
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or Social Sciences.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Strong knowledge and expertise with Social Media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter, GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc.
· Superior administrative and organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member and with groups.
· Energetic team player with a positive attitude.
· Flexible, self-starter.
· Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Familiarization with Hootsuite and WordPress.
Assets, but NOT requirements:
· 3+ years of experience working in a corporate office environment.
· Previous experience in the oil and gas Industry.
· Corporate Communications Experience.
· Event development, preparation, and execution experience.
· Website design and CRM experience.
· Previous experience in coordinating forums, workshops, and conferences.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. For more information on PTAC, visit our website at www.ptac.org.
Contract length: 12 months
Expected start date: 2020-07-31
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
All employees are working from home. Events, meetings and conferences are held online. The office is accessible to employees that choose to go, masks and hand sanitizer are provided. The building monitors all guests by taking temperature before entering.