The PM/Load Test Technician will be responsible for performing field service activities at healthcare facilities throughout an assigned geographic territory. Duties include the promotion and completion of on-site preventative maintenance and repair services, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, controlling inventory, managing data and documentation while achieving all measureable performance targets.
The individual will have a history of independently servicing electromechanical equipment in a large geographic territory and should not be deterred by a fast-paced, demanding environment. The position requires a high level of multi-functional expertise and excellent time management skills.
- Provide preventative maintenance and load testing services at healthcare facilities using proper techniques, tools, test equipment and replacement parts.
- Follow published procedures if a customer’s track fails load testing.
- Achieve defined performance goals and administrative tasks.
- Provide services to customers in accordance with the terms, conditions and responsibilities stated in Arjo Canada Inc.’s published warranty, preventative maintenance and/or operational policies.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with customers and all Arjo Canada Inc. personnel.
- Assist sales personnel in marketing all Arjo Canada Inc. equipment (joint calls, in-services, sales leads).
- Comply with all health and safety codes and procedures as mandated by Arjo Canada Inc. policies, customer requirements and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and submit required/requested reports, paperwork and/or feedback.
- Maintain expenses and required inventory within guidelines and limits.
- Maintain a clean and organized company vehicle
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Relevant Education and Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years of hands-on related technical experience performing onsite service while working out of a service vehicle.
- A minimum of three (3) years of face-to-face customer service experience dealing with technical and/or service related issues.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to recommend/promote/sell products and services based on observed client needs.
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and technical repair skills.
- Computer literacy; familiarity with information technology concepts, personal computers, Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary with performance based incentive plan
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Pension plan
- Company Vehicle
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent