POSITION: Travel Consultant
LOCATION: Canadore College – 1 College Drive, Parry Sound, ON P2A 0A9
Our travel business is growing! We need travel agents to assist our Members with all their travel needs. Our retail travel stores are where Members go for their member benefits (maps, tour books and passport photos etc.) and where they can plan and purchase all types of trips and tours; merchandise, luggage etc. The schedule is 37.5 hours per week, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
If you love travel and can close sales, this is an excellent opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and sell travel-related products such as air, tour, hotel car reservations, and travel insurance
- Promote and sell CAA memberships, promoting upgrades and additional associates;
- Provide members with Auto Travel materials, passport photos etc.
- Answer member/client inquiries;
- Various administrative duties including restocking brochures/merchandise, conducting inventory, etc
- Other Related Duties as Required
Qualifications and Skills: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- TICO certification is required or must be attained within the probation period.
- Completion of Travel Agency Certification course from established and recognized institution preferred
- Customer service experience an asset
- Must possess the comfort level and drive to succeed in a part-commission sales environment
- Self-motivated ability to build and retain a loyal clientele
- Must actively pursue the CTC designation (supported by the Club)
- Complete knowledge of Apollo by Gemini automation
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset
- Successful candidate will be required to join United Steelworkers Local 2020
- Base Salary: $18.13 - $20.87 per hour
- Generous Commission Structure
- Health & Dental Plan
- Pension Plan
- Vacation & Paid Leave
- CAA Membership
Employment is contingent on a successful Criminal Background Check and references.
Job applicants who have disabilities shall be provided with reasonable accommodation throughout the recruiting process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.13-$20.87 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required for all CAANEO employees
All COVID-19 Safety Measures are strictly enforced and monitored
- Retail Sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person