Tallysman® is an Ottawa based producer of products and components for Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS). These include RF and high-performance antennas, and intelligent location based wireless infrastructure solutions for tracking systems.
We are seeking an accounting clerk/receptionist to join our dynamic finance team.
Responsibilities initially include:
- Assist with all aspects of the accounts payable cycle, including reconciliation of purchase orders and other supporting documentation to vendor invoices; follow up with vendors on missing or incorrect information; respond to vendor queries
- Prepare invoices for cheque payments and electronic funds transfers (EFT)
- Allocate expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
- Reconcile and record credit card transactions on monthly basis
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Provide backup support for Accounts Receivable
- Other accounting related duties, including reconciliations and filing as required
- Greet visitors
- Answer telephone and direct calls
- Attention to detail; strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple ongoing projects/tasks
- Maintains confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, while also being collaborative and able to work well within a team environment
- Bookkeeping diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years accounts payables experience, preferably in a high-volume environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software would be considered an asset
Tallysman Wireless accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)