MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
January 21, 2020
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Outreach Worker position within our Metis Employment and Training Department located in Churchill, MB.
· Promote employment and training opportunities and services, serving as the initial point of contact for the department for clients seeking employment and training information and services in the area;
· Assist in the recruitment, intake, documentation and assessment of trainees to determine employment and training needs and eligibility for MET programs and services;
· Provide clients with job search assistance and self-service resources;
· Establish and maintain a network of contacts with community resource programs, school divisions, training institutions, and other government programs and services;
· Provide referrals to departmental staff, other programs, services and supports;
· Receive visitors, answer and direct calls, take messages and determine urgency;
· Assist clients with job search skills by assisting with preparation of resumes and cover letters, job search strategies, and preparing for job interviews;
· Research and access labour market information and job postings utilizing the Internet, local newspapers and other professional publications;
· Maintain the Resource area and job boards in the Outreach office and provide computer access to clients;
· Provide monthly activity report detailing monthly activities;
· Participate in job fairs and career symposiums; conduct presentations/workshops on MET programs and services;
Skills and Qualifications:
· Administrative related post-secondary certificate or diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
· Minimum of two years of experience in administrative support services;
· Experience establishing and maintaining solid working relationships with a diverse array of partners, clients and co-workers;
· Strong client orientation and quality assurance skills, organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and adapt to conflicting and tight deadlines;
· Flexibility, fairness, integrity, diplomacy and sensitivity to the needs of others;
· Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
· Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in Word format, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, February 4, 2020.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email or Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca and www.mmfemployment.ca
Job Type: Full-time