The Customer Service Technician will execute and address items on the warranty work orders in accordance with Empire Communities’ policies in a timely manner, assuring standards are met in every assigned task and in strict accordance to the Health and Safety Act.
Key Functions & Duties:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Identifies, performs required deficiency repair work on homes based on pre-closing reports to quality standards prior to Homeowner possession
- Complete any and all work in an efficient and highly effective manner
- Prepares home for inspection by City for occupancy, insulation and framing, performs drywall checks as required for each home
- Performs tasks under multiple trade functions: residential construction, renovations and repairs
- Effectively communicates and reports progress and trade interventions requirements to on-site Customer Care Coordinators
- This position may require the Service Technician to work scheduled overtime and weekends to meet business needs.
- This position may in the future require you to be available “on-call” after regular hours for emergencies.
- Locate and retrieve necessary material to complete assigned work orders
- Protect surrounding areas to minimize clean up and/or accidental damage during and after repair
- Demonstrate courtesy and professionalism with all associates and homeowners
- Assist other Departments and head office when required in the interest of our Customers
- Miscellaneous duties with regard to community and job site cleanliness, maintenance, security etc.
- Suggest and make recommendations for process improvements
- Responsibilities and essential functions may be modified at any time depending on business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to meet timelines
- Effectively able to communicate information with professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have 2-3 previous experience in new home construction
- Must be knowledgeable in Tarion warranty program
- Ability to deal effectively with a high volume of work orders
- Self-motivated and well-organized individual
- Valid drivers’ license, must provide a clean drivers’ abstract
- Must have steel-toed safety boots and hard hat
- Physically able to lift 50 lbs
- Own tools/ ready to work