The role of a Support Analyst is to provide first line support service via the Service Desk, receiving incidents and service requests from telephone calls, intranet forms and emails. The Support Analyst will provide first call resolution to end user service requests while participating in level 1 and 2 support on applications and infrastructure incidents. They will also provide training and coaching to junior and co-op staff.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide first line service desk support by responding to support calls, service requests and logging all incidents into the service desk ticketing system.
- Provide first call resolution for desktop, application, email, virus protection/removal, printing, and end user ‘how to’ support requests.
- Provide level 1 & 2 support on troubleshooting back end server and network connectivity issues, escalating requests to level 3 support resources as appropriate.
- Monitor the queue to prioritize and address high priority and critical issues first
- Provide level 1 support for enterprise applications, escalating requests to level 2 support resources as appropriate.
- Provide onsite desktop and deployment support for new releases of key enterprise applications
- Configure and deploy desktops, laptops, phones (mobile & landline) and printers for new employees.
- Contribute to the knowledge base by creating user guides and documentation for known issues.
- Gain a basic understanding of key business specific applications in order to provide ‘value-add’ technical support.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Will be required to participate in after-hours support on-call rotation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- 1 - 5 years relevant work experience.
- University or college degree in Computer Science or related field
- Basic knowledge of IT hardware including PCs, switches, printers, mobile devices.
- Experience with desktop operating systems and applications (i.e. Windows, office, Citrix, Dynamics).
- Basic application support experience (i.e. Office, Dynamics AX, CRM, SharePoint, SysAid).
- Basic network knowledge and network troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Application support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Desktop operating systems and applications: 1 year (Preferred)
- IT hardware including PCs, switches, printers, mobile device: 1 year (Preferred)