We are a local home grown coffeehouse chain connecting carefully sourced, high quality small scale producers to our community of local consumers. Our passionate team, source, roast and brew in house, ensuring the fullest potential in product quality, while providing a unique, premium cup of great tasting coffee. At the center of our success are our extraordinary teams of professionals. Bridgehead staff care. They care about our customers, each other, our community and the environment.
With 19 locations and growing, we are seeking an experienced leader with a passion for coffee, hospitality and retail for the full- time position of Assistant Store Manager. Reporting directly to the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager will support the Store Manager to achieve all goals, maintain standards and train staff. As well as inventory control, recruiting and sales building. Further responsibilities will include customer service, performance management and store maintenance.
- Ensures Bridgehead standards for hospitality continually exceed customer expectations, to regulars and non-regulars alike, and are consistently advocated and delivered.
- Recruits, hires, trains, schedules, and supervise all store employees.
- Zealously guards the health and safety of our customers and staff. Knowledgeable about Workplace Health & Safety.
- Trains and mentors to ensure high skill proficiency in daily operations and training protocols.
- Provides ongoing coaching as it relates to product expertise. Performance manages as necessary, providing supporting documentation,inspires, empowers and leads a high performing retail team.
- Embraces Profit and Loss responsibility for Bridgehead, achieving quarterly targets for revenue, and profitability.
- Dedicated to ensuring store operations and budgets are in line with organization goals and objectives.
- Proactively ensures store interior, exterior, and equipment is exceptionally clean, well maintained, and in good repair.
- Consistently meets deadlines.Demonstrates good time management skills and successfully executes administrative tasks and timely response to emails. Committed to submitting accurate and timely documentation to support centre as required.
- Assistant Manager’s HR and Payroll task completion is accurate and timely. New hire paperwork and performance management is treated with an appropriate level of confidentiality.
Requirements*Minimum 1+ years Assistant Store Manager experience in hospitality or retail.
- Successful completion of the Bridgehead Assistant Manager Training Program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Professional demeanor at all times and leads calmly during ambiguous situations. Creates an optimistic, enthusiastic and can-do work environment.
- Ability to effectively merchandise in order to influence customers’ buying decisions and drive sales.
- Emerging ability to conduct risk analysis before making decisions or implementing changes, in order to safeguard the business and brand.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to make eye contact, smile and make genuine connections with customers.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Comfortable in a fast paced and possibly loud environment.
- Ability to travel to and work at any Bridgehead location, during all store operational hours.
- High School Diploma
- Food Handler
- First Aid & CPR Level C
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 /year
- Assistant Store Manager: 1 year (Required)
- Food Handler (Required)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Required)