Organization: Rosedale-Moore Park Association/Mooredale House
Title: Camp Director and Program Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: 146 Crescent Road, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 1V2
Mooredale is an established non-profit organization that welcomes people of all ages to experience a wide range of educational, recreational, social and cultural activities. Supported by families and volunteers, we build on a rich history of providing programs and services to the community while embracing fresh ideas for the future.
Today the RMPA (Rosedale-Moore Park Association) and Mooredale House is home to the city's longest running neighbourhood fair, Mayfair (since 1946), a fully licensed preschool (since 1952), summer and March Break camps (since 1968), Mooredale Concerts (since 1986), the Mooredale Swimming Pool Club (since 1972), the Mooredale Soccer Club (since 1976), and a host of other popular recreational programs and community events for participants of all ages. Mooredale is also proud to be affiliated with and provide the administrative support services to members of the Rosedale Tennis Club (since 1982).
The Mooredale Day Camp Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the March Break and summer day camps. Through careful recruitment, training and supervision of the camp staff, the Director works to provide a high quality camp experience for every child. The Camp Director also represents the camp to the general Mooredale membership, and when able, to the Ontario Camps Association community. The Camp Director works closely with the seasonal Assistant Camp Director and Camp Program Director as well as other key senior camp staff to plan, implement, and promote and deliver an excellent, comprehensive camp experience for campers. Prepares operating budget and monitors financials. Creates regular newsletter articles, marketing, job postings, and final reports on camp operations.
The Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the recreation programs and activities offered to Mooredale members of all ages. The Program Manager recruits, orients and supervises the program instructors for the Mooredale activities. Program creation, implementation, and promotion, which includes regular newsletter articles, website updates, and production of the Recreation Program Guides, issued three times per year. Operational details about class registration, equipment and facility set-up for all programs are included. Works with Maintenance staff to ensure facility set-up for programs and camp activities.
The Camp Director & Program Manager works collaboratively with the other Mooredale staff (Executive Director, Preschool, Soccer & Sport, Pool, Office and Maintenance) to support the overall Mooredale philosophy and delivery of activities and services to members. Reviews and responds to parent and staff concerns for camp issues. Reviews and responds to member, staff and instructor concerns for program issues.
- Degree or Diploma in Recreation, Sport Management, Education, Physical Education or related field
- Three to five years progressive senior experience in accredited camp and/or community recreation setting
- Good understanding of child development related to excellent camp and program operation
- Good understanding of human resources practices in camp and recreation program settings
- Working knowledge of Mooredale offerings & services
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid
- Clear Criminal Reference Check completed
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with camp and program staff, parents, volunteers , instructors, and members
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of initiative and creativity; eager and willing to create and implement new programming
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a busy community centre team environment
- Budgeting and financial management skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Extremely detail oriented
- Microsoft Office 2010, Windows, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign
- Working Knowledge of CampBrain and PowerUp
- Experience reporting to multiple stakeholders, both staff and Board of Directors
Employment benefits include flexible hours (except summer), renovated office in heritage building, free parking, experienced support staff, competitive salary & health benefits. Must have use of car. Some weekend and evening work is required. Flexible start date but objective is no later than January 1, 2020.
We thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Interested candidates should forward a complete cover letter and resume with references and statement of personal philosophy for children’s camps and programs by 4:00 pm November 15, 2019 to:
Paul Buksner, Executive Director, 146 Crescent Road, Toronto M4W lV2
Visit our website at www.mooredale.com for more information.
The Rosedale – Moore Park Association operates Mooredale House Community Centre to provide recreational, cultural and educational programs for our 7,500 members. A non-profit, charitable organization, Mooredale strives to be a focal point for the community. Mooredale activities include: recreational and special interest courses for all ages, sports for children and youth; soccer, pool and club, concerts and youth orchestras, licensed preschool for children 18 months to 5 yrs., summer day camps for children, newsletter, and special community events.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent