Billings wood Manor is looking for a Lead Chef. This person would be responsible for the preparation and presentation of high-quality meals in a punctual manner. The Lead Chef is responsible to follow all policies and regulations for safety, hygiene and facility food preparation guidelines. This is a full-time/permanent position, you must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Prepare breakfasts, lunches and /or dinner for 60+ residents
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and serve high volume/quality meals in a fast-paced environment
- Prepares and cooks food from menus that have been predetermined for the daily meals
- Prepare meals on menus and based on nutritional programs and individual plans.
- Ensure the quality and safety of food by performing daily cleaning tasks. (Ex: sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items
- Ensure that each resident receives meals corresponding to their dietary requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Logs food temperatures and assures food items are within acceptable ranges
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and the ability to prioritize work
- Looking for a strong team player with excellent work ethics, able to work with others, problem-solving and decision making
- Supervisory experience desired
- Must enjoy working with the elderly
- Standing for the duration of your shift.
- Repetitive movement of arms, hands, wrist/fingers and lift up to 30-50 lbs.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Completion of college or cook training school or a trade certification
- Minimum 2 years of cooking experience required
- Must provide a clean Criminal record check
- Ottawa Public Health Food Handlers Certification
- Working experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities. TB testing required
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies and equipment
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes