Why join us?
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500,000 members and is an industry leading global investor? If so, we would love to tell you our story. At OMERS we put our people first and are proud to embrace the diversity of thought and leadership that comes from having locations in Toronto, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe. Our culture is truly one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live with an ever-constant eye to the global investment markets.
We are looking for highly motivated individual to join our Pension Product & Technology team in Toronto in the role of Full Stack Developer & Business Analyst with SQL knowlesge. You will be part of growing a product development team to deliver new and existing products and services for OMERS members, employers and other stakeholders.
The Product & Technology team is an exciting new team focused on leveraging the newest technologies and approaches to deliver solutions & systems for the modern-day end user. Our primary focus and commitment is to provide real value and we encourage innovation and empower open-thinking for all our team members. We’re excited for the opportunity to have highly driven and impactful talent join our team!
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- This position is for Fall 2020, with a 4 month term
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Identifying and solving problems, and exploring different design solutions
- Consuming and understanding business, functional and technical requirements
- Participating in solution evaluation and developing Proof of Concepts
- Collaborating with other team members to interactively design and develop new applications and features
- Working with technology platforms such as GCP, React, Node.js and Java Spring Boot
- Developing technical documents to accurately represent the design and code
- Participating in design review sessions with project teams
- Applying industry standard, object-oriented programming best practices
- Participating in regularly scheduled status and Agile meetings with the project team
- Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Enrolled in a University or College program in the field of Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mathematics preferred, other University programs in information technology disciplines will be considered
- A strong commitment to collaborative problem-solving and experience working in product development teams an asset
- Business Analyst experience would be an asset
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- - SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, NoSQL
- Web Services (RESTful/SOAP), XML, JSON, AJAX
ABOUT OMERS Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $109 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2019. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe – serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate. OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.