West Coast Reduction Ltd. - The Original Recycler. For more than 50 years we’ve been providing a necessary service. From our early roots as a butcher to our modern rendering facilities, we’ve created safe, environmentally friendly recycling solutions for the agriculture industry. We create valuable ingredients for everyday products, while at the same time helping to keep local communities clean and sustainable. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
Based in our Calgary Plant operations, the Maintenance Planner is a key role in the Maintenance Department responsible for the planning and scheduling of repairs and maintenance activities within the maintenance department to ensure a productive workforce with minimal downtime, while maintaining a clean, safe work environment. Utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System and recording information from repairs and installations are other important tasks of the role.
The position reports directly to the Calgary Maintenance Superintendent and is a full-time, salaried opportunity.
- Maintain and administer work orders through the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Preventative Maintenance (PM) program to ensure the efficient planning, scheduling, and reduced costs of repairs
- Build and manage a comprehensive recommended spare parts list
- Partner closely with the Purchasing Department to improve efficiencies such as eliminating duplicate parts, addition of recommended spare parts to inventory, purchasing stock items, etc.
- Data entry into ERP systems for the equipment master parts list
- Create equipment Bill of Materials (BOM) lists when available
- Maintain material lists in the CMMS to ensure the most efficient planning and scheduling of repairs
- Work with Tradesmen to ensure valuable information from repairs and installation is recorded in the Equipment Master File
- Work closely with Purchasing to ensure company standards are met for special projects or repairs
- Examine equipment in the case of failures or inefficiencies, and report to findings to the Maintenance Superintendent in a timely manner
- Assist with monthly leadership meetings to ensure open communication between employees and management
- Maintain daily payroll records of employees and approval of time cards in the absence of the Superintendent
- Assist the Maintenance Superintendent and Foremen in scheduling overtime as determined by forecasting work loads
- May be asked to provide occasional hands-on assistance with the Maintenance team members in the repair of plant equipment or vehicles
- Accessible after-hours for emergencies
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in a maintenance planning role, or similar environment or industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Maintenance Planning Software, and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems required
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal, with excellent communication skills
- Mechanically inclined with strong organizational skills
- Ability to read or interpret diagrams, schematic drawings and manuals to determine work procedures and work accurately with quantitative material or numbers
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment up to 50 lbs without assistance and occasionally greater with assistance
- Adaptable to adverse conditions including confined space, heights, cold weather, odours and animal by-product
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by email to careers [at] wcrl.com or via the "Apply Now" link below.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity, however, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Maintenance Planning Role: 2 years (Required)
- Maintenance Planning Software and ERP Systems: 2 years (Required)