This position covers all Microbiological testing performed in Microbiology lab according to client requirements or company standards, equipment monitoring and media preparation.
- Perform microbiological testing of raw materials, bulk and finished goods, purified water and component according to established methods; maintaining documentation on microbial analysis.
- Perform calibration of Microbiology lab equipment.
- Perform environmental monitoring (Plant and Micro Lab).
- Prepare media according to procedure, perform all QC testing (pH, Growth promotion test, sterility test), responsible for glass ware washing. Observe and document the results.
- Perform daily equipment monitoring, C&S of lab and equipment.
- Assists in investigation of Out of specs micro test results
- Collect water samples from designated ports and perform Total Aerobic Plate count and Total coli forms test as per SOPs.
- Conduct autoclave performance verification test. Document the test results.
- Check the inventory of supplied materials. Inform supervisor/manager for the requirement of materials. Receive & arrange the supplies.
- Prepares micro-related documents and records.
- Assists in execution of cleaning and sanitization validation studies for major equipment by taking swabs, micro testing.
- Any GMP or micro related task assigned by lab supervisor/manager
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- Post-secondary education in Science (Microbiology), Diploma/ Certificate in Microbiology diploma and equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in microbiology and QC/QA functions, WHMIS and GMP within a cosmetics or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Team player, self-motivated, highly organized with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong time management skill
- Strong interpersonal, documentation and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills in MS word and Excel
- Good knowledge of GDP, GLP and GLP
- Good knowledge of USP and other regulatory bodies’ requirements
Reference ID: #96
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday