Douglas Lake Cattle Company
The history of Douglas Lake Cattle Company spans a period of over 130 years. Known as the largest working cattle ranch in Canada, the ranch continues to innovate and remains on the cutting edge of the Canadian beef industry.
Health & Safety Officer in Douglas Lake, BC
The Douglas Lake Cattle Company is pleased to offer a full-time employment opportunity as the Health & Safety Officer for the ranch. Live and work in one of the most beautiful locations in Canada.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and implement Health & Safety program in accordance with WorkSafeBC regulations and standards.
- Coordinate and implement Ranch Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Provide health & safety training to personnel including managers and supervisors.
- Analyze and investigate health & safety incidents in compliance with WorkSafeBC regulations and standards.
- Keep accurate records and reports.
- Minimum 1 year experience related to Health & Safety Programing
- Proficient MS Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral)
- Knowledge and experience in the Agricultural Industry would be an asset
- Must have valid Class 5 Drivers License
WHY JOIN US?!
- Full benefits plan after 90 days
- Company RRSP plan
- On-ranch housing available
- Company vehicle and cell phone provided
- Ranch will cover cost for necessary training and certifications
Salary information: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
Keywords: (Health Safety, Health Officer, Safety Officer, HSE, HSO)
Expected start date: 2021-11-15
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- British Columbia: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Driver Licence (required)