Our client, the Canadian leader in paper packaging is looking to add a Millwright to their Scarborough plant. The Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) is responsible for the routine preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of equipment and machinery to optimize safety, quality, efficiencies and reliability. This position will report to the maintenance manager.
Rotating shifts changing every 2 weeks (Tuesday to Saturday)
2 weeks - day shift
2 weeks – afternoon shift
2 weeks – night shift
- Perform routine servicing, troubleshooting and repair of equipment and machinery to optimize safety and quality and increase production efficiencies.
- Visually and physically inspect equipment and machinery; check for source of any problems that may occur from day to day.
- Ensure safe operation of plant machinery and mechanical equipment completing preventive maintenance tasks as assigned
- Remove defective parts, dismantle using hand and power tools, hoists, cranes, and other equipment as necessary. Make necessary repairs to machinery and equipment in an efficient manner.
- Fabricate/repair parts using machine shop instruments and equipment, when possible.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information answering questions and requests.
- Keep all tools and equipment in a safe and operational manner.
- Verify that any work performed is satisfactory and complete.
- Work in a safe manner ensuring all safety procedures are followed. Ensure compliance with legislation (OHSA) and technical standards.
- Follow all ISO procedures for maintenance.
- Report any issues to supervisor or lead hand immediately.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety and housekeeping practices, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Comply with all rules and regulations of the Company
- Other duties as assigned
- A valid Journeyman Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) license (433A)
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience within a manufacturing or industrial environment is a requirement
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skill is a requirement with sound knowledge of technical standards and legislation
- Technical training in troubleshooting PLC programs considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $34.50 /hour
- 433A Millwright (Preferred)