Digital Content Manager
Public Outreach exists to make the world a better place by expanding the charitable and not-for-profit sector’s capacity to help. We are a fundraising consultancy that raises money for select charities and non-profit organizations through integrated and innovative fundraising programs. We leverage every digital, phone and face-to-face tool at our disposal to acquire, engage and cultivate potential donors — and get meaningful results.
Public Outreach supports a diverse and inclusive workplace, and welcomes people from all walks of life into our already eclectic teams. We encourage Peoples of Colour, Indigenous Peoples, Queer/Trans identifying as well as peoples with Dis/abilities to apply! Accommodations will be made at the candidate's request during all aspects of the hiring and onboarding process.
You’re a digital campaigns expert and a team leader. You understand what it takes to get a strong campaign off the ground — and how to talk to supporters to get them to care. You’re organized, data-driven, detail-oriented, and able to organize a team to tackle multiple deadlines and priorities like a champ. You know how to keep complex projects on track — and you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever help is needed. Most importantly, you have a mix of project management, creative writing, digital skills and other experiences that you can’t wait to put to work for some of Canada’s top charities and nonprofits.
You’ll work directly with the Associate Director, Digital Fundraising to support Public Outreach’s digital engagement and fundraising campaigns. As a senior content strategist, you’ll be responsible for our written and visual campaign content, and other duties as assigned. You’ll be leading a team of content specialists who will develop persuasive and engaging written and visual assets for our clients’ digital campaigns, including landing pages, email programs, online advertising, and more.
1. Digital content strategy and creation - 50%
- Lead the planning, writing and selection of email, advertising, landing page and visual content — as well as copyediting — for all digital campaigns.
- Coordinate with other Digital content creators and contractors to provide updates to written and visual content based on client’s feedback.
- Oversee the implementation of real-time changes to written and visual content during active campaigns.
- Take the lead on identifying trends and preferences among campaign visuals, language types, key words or phrases, and other key content variables within digital campaigns.
- Bottom-line all written and visual content — including pitching in to write and create, as needed.
- Communicate with the digital marketing team to implement various content elements of our digital campaigns.
- Work with the Associate Director, Digital Fundraising to produce rapid-deployment fundraising strategies for clients.
2. Digital analysis and reporting - 25%
- Collect and review all digital campaign results, with a focus on email, quiz and survey results.
- Regularly monitor all digital campaigns, and make real-time changes to content based on best performance.
- Produce and review client-facing reports for all content elements of our digital campaigns.
- Work with Account Managers — and attend client meetings, as needed — to share digital campaign insights and recommendations with clients.
- Work with Digital team members to collect, analyze and produce final client-facing digital campaign reports, including raw data and emerging trends for future digital campaigns.
- Use data across clients to identify opportunities to test new approaches and products.
3. Brand development and storytelling - 15%
- Work with other Digital team members to produce client-facing case studies, one-pagers and report summaries for client prospecting.
- Help grow the Digital department’s brand presence by supporting Public Outreach’s digital blog strategy, website and Public Outreach’s various brand materials.
- Produce Public Outreach blog posts.
- Copyedit all outbound sales proposals and responses to requests for proposals.
4. Team management - 10%
- Assign digital marketing tasks and projects to Digital Content Specialists and other team members.
- Identify work priorities for team members related to digital campaigns.
- Provide mentorship, feedback, support and training to Digital Content Specialists and other team members, as assigned.
- Conduct weekly check-ins with direct reports and maintain notes.
- In collaboration with the Digital Director and Associate Director, Digital Fundraising, conduct annual reviews of team members.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE LOVE
- Experience writing and editing content intended for social media, email and websites; experience writing for non-profit organizations a plus
- Experience implementing lead generation campaigns as part of a large issue-based or political campaign
- Experience implementing online advertising campaigns (and budgets) through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Google
- Strong understanding of social media and website analytic tools, including Facebook Business Manager, Google AdWords, Google AdSense and Google Analytics
- Comfortable navigating results dashboards, databases, website and email platforms like NationBuilder, NewMode and Blackbaud products
- Highly proactive approach with organizational, interpersonal and planning skills
- Ability to confidently exercise initiative, work independently and maintain successful professional relationships across distance
- Previous experience working within a team that uses project management tools such as Asana and Slack
- Previous experience working at a nonprofit or charity
WHY YOU'LL LOVE US
We offer a great benefits package that includes health, dental and a monthly phone stipend — and are offering a salary between $65,000 and $75,000, commensurate with experience.
Our clients are an inspiring mix of large international humanitarian organizations, progressive advocacy non-profits and socially responsible businesses — work you can feel good about doing every day.
We’re a fun, casual workplace (quirky senses of humor welcome!), with the energy and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, alongside the security of working within an established and well-respected company. The digital department has huge potential for growth, and this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help build something amazing.
Application Deadline: 2021-08-04
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home