Scorpio Masonry is a busy masonry company with over 35 years of industry experience. We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our team on a full time, permanent basis.
Bricklayers at Scorpio Masonry have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging and rewarding masonry projects. These projects vary in size and type, and include projects such as new commercial buildings and interesting restoration projects.
- Laying bricks, concrete block, glass block and various types of stone for new build and repair/restoration projects.
- Remove and replace existing masonry work for repairs.
- Cutting and trimming bricks and concrete block to specification using hand and power tools.
- Working at heights on scaffolding, swing stages or hydro mobiles.
- Handling weight up to 45kg (100lbs).
- Other activities as directed.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Be a certified Bricklayer in British Columbia, have the Red Seal Certification, or be able to demonstrate an equivalent skill level.
- 1 to 2 years experience as a Bricklayer.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills in English.
- This position is available to start immediately.
- The wage ranges between $32.00-$35.75/hour and will be negotiated based on certifications, skills, abilities and experience.
- Benefits include: Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dependent Life Insurance, Disability Insurance (long term and short term), Medical Insurance, Group Insurance Benefits, Vision Benefits, Dental Benefits, RRSP Benefits.
- Jobsites are located throughout the lower mainland, including: Vancouver, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond, Surrey, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Langley, and Abbotsford.
- Reliable transportation is required, as some jobsites may have limited access to public transportation.
- You must supply your own tools, steel-toed safety boots, a hard hat and gloves. Other safety equipment will be provided as required for the work environment.
- In-house safety training.
- Weekly pay via direct deposit.
- A great corporate culture.
- Perks like pizza lunches, contests and events.
- The opportunity to challenge yourself by working on a variety of interesting masonry projects.
- The opportunity for advancement by becoming a Project Foreman. We strongly believe in promoting from within.
- Great hours, Monday – Friday, with most jobsites working 8 hours/day from 7:00am – 3:30pm. Hours worked are generally 40/week, but may range between 30-40 hours depending on weather and site conditions. Overtime may also be requested on occasion.
How to Apply:
- Email your resume through Indeed.com
- Fax your resume to 604.337.0222
- If you have questions, please contact our office at 604.249.0616. We are open M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm. Our office is located at 12240 Vickers Way, Richmond, BC V6V 1H9
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00 to $35.75 /hour
- Bricklayer: 1 year (Preferred)