PRODUCE BUYER/PURCHASER - FULL TIME
Yen Bros., Food Service (2011) Ltd., is one of the progressive food service distributors has a history of more than 4 decades in business. It’s a family owned and serving customers six days a week across Vancouver and the lower mainland, from Abbots ford to Vancouver Island, to Whistler and the Sunshine Coast.
We believe our people are the foundation of our success and we value relationship with our employees and work with them in an open, fair and by following respectful practices.
Yen Bros. Purchasing team is growing and we have an opportunity/position for a Produce Buyer/Purchaser- Full Time to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Manager Operations Purchasing, the Buyer will support our needs to streamline our produce procurement and supply needs to our customers.
We believe in Innovation & Critical in sourcing, cost optimization and the ability to think outside of the box is a major requirement of this role. Keeping cost in line, while improving service and removing redundant activity, is a key aspect of this position. The incumbent must be efficient to source, arrange and provide efficient and courteous delivery and pickup of our products to customers across Vancouver.
- Possess extensive produce product (all types) knowledge, including sourcing, production, distribution, seasonal availability of products, advances, and trends.
- Liaise and build strong relationships with suppliers and vendors (internal and external)
- Able to meet customer service & Sales department expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Proven ability to be creative, resourceful, pro-active and innovative
- Streamline sourcing, and delivery to customers across Vancouver and other service areas
- Review all sourcing and supply agreements align where possible with Foodservice standards and Leverage cost and deliveries
- Remove non value processes- reduce waste and errors
- Create excellence in Service to Operations Team for Yen Bros. customers
- Review and reduce Indirect Spend (Waste Management Energy)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and awareness of company activities, business trends and government regulations
- To stay ahead of competition
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Previous experience in Produce Purchasing (approximately 3-5 years)
- Previous work experience in produce sourcing/purchasing from Local as well as from USA and other countries (Food Services (ideally)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team, but also independently at times
- Price negotiation experience is an asset
- Strong computer skills
- Project Management experience
- System implementation experience is preferred
- Business Diploma or University graduation
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and influence both internal and external stake holder
- High level of integrity and carry excellent work ethic
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and Annual time off
- A Group RRSP plan with company matching contribution (on completion of Probationary period)
- Extended health benefits (on completion of Probationary period)
- A Substantial commission earnings, and this position has long termed, sustained revenue, this provides stability, income and offer high growth
- Advancement and career growth opportunities
If you have been consistently recognized as dynamic, positive results driven sales professional and you are interested in making a sizable contribution to an Food Service industry leader with your skills and proven experience, please apply for this position by sending your cover letter and resume Online or by FAX # 604-255-6520
Job Type: Full-time
- Produce Purchase: 3 years (Preferred)