We are a currently seeking an Administration Manager for one of our clients in the marine transport sector in Atlantic Canada. The client is is based in St. John's, NL, very well established, expanding, and has been in business for over 30 years.
The Administration Manager works in close consultation with and reports to the Company President. They must be capable of working on their own and making decisions, both independently and in consultation with the president.
Duties of the position include various administrative tasks to support the operation. You will undertake a variety of activities from communications to financial administration and record keeping. It will include certain management functions depending on the capabilities of the individual selected.
· compiling weekly cash flows
· managing cash
· completing payroll for 20+ employees,
· processing accounts payable and receivable,
· preparing bank reconciliations,
· maintaining files,
· administration of the group insurance plan
· other routine basic accounting functions and office administration duties.
· Graduation from the College of the North Atlantic accounting or office management program, or have similar formal education,
· experience in a similar position would be preferred,
· very good organization and multi-tasking skills,
· personable and able to work well with others, and
· able to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Experience with standard accounting software (Sage, Office) would be an asset.
The position could be structured as a hybrid office / work from home arrangement. Similarly, hours of work could be flexible, subject to meeting deadlines.
This is a full time, permanent position beginning immediately. A full group insurance package is offered.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-06-07
Expected start date: 2023-06-12