Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
As a member of the store's Management Team, the Department Manager contributes to the success of the store by communicating the business objectives of the store to his/her team. The Department Manager is responsible for managing and leading the department in providing high quality workmanship and service that ensures customer satisfaction. He/she ensures that the department team consistently meets performance expectations in terms of customer experience, sales growth, retail execution and profitability.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Leads by example and consistently delivers an excellent customer experience.
- Maintains quality department presentation, through daily inspections and ensuring all store audit performance requirements are met in the department.
- Plans and manages daily/weekly departmental activities as well as seasonal changeovers and works with the team to execute them.
- Supervises and assists team members in daily departmental operations in order to meet established productivity goals.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
- Manager on duty responsibilities and store opening and closing responsibilities.
- Coaches and encourages team members in learning new retail operational processes and procedures and new skills in order to improve performance. Regularly provides informal and constructive feedback.
- Addresses issues and conflicts in a timely manner.
More about the position:
- Experience in retail sales, execution and operations (experience in a Canadian Tire store is an asset)
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and/or managerial experience or relevant experience.
- Results-oriented individual who thrives on achieving challenging goals.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team's activities and projects.
- Ability to find solutions to problems and make decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Store Manager and General Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Background Check Requirements:
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
- This position requires evenings and weekends.
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions: · Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.