HSE Integrated is a recognized leader in Industrial Safety Services. We employ more than 700 people in 19 locations across Canada. We are always looking for dedicated and professional individuals to join our team and provide our expert safety services across North America. We believe that corporate success can only be achieved if our employees succeed. Our commitment to employee training, mentoring, and personal career development is ever growing and we pride ourselves in providing our employees with the best tools necessary to excel at their jobs.
The Safety Watch position is an excellent entry-level opportunity for individuals that are new to the safety industry, are interested in casual, project-based work throughout the year, and are looking for great pay. Applicants may be required to travel and work away from home, depending on the location of the project.
The primary responsibility of the Safety Watch role is focus on safety in the vicinity under his/her surveillance including occasional visitors as well as workers assigned to the worksite.
Safety Watch personnel duties include (but are not limited to):
- Setting up, inspecting and maintaining safety equipment
- Monitoring and backing up all personnel under breathing air by having function tested SCBA readily available for use
- Ensuring all incidents are reported and investigated immediately
- Participating in all pre-job meetings with an emphasis on specific worksite hazards
- Knowing the whereabouts of all safety equipment: Fire Extinguishers/Pull Stations, Eye Wash Stations, Shower Units, First Aid Room(s), Muster Locations, Breathing Apparatuses, etc.
This job posting communicates the top priorities for success and does not reflect the entire role; a complete job description will be provided to those during the 5-Day HSE Safety Watch Training Program.
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply, the diversity of our workforce reflects the communities we serve.
What you need to start your safety career with DXP | HSE Integrated Ltd. today!
- ESC (Previously Enform) H2S Alive
- Red Cross or St. John's Standard First Aid/CPR
- ESC (Previously Enform) CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
- Successful completion of our 5-Day HSE Safety Watch Training Program
- Successful completion of Pre-Employment testing which includes a Drug & Acohol Test, Audiogram and Respiratory Mask Fittings (HSE provided)
- Excellent comprehension and communication skills
- Physicaly capable of working in adverse environments and conditions
- Please note having the following certificates (as well as the above) will fast track your application with our Fort Saskatchewan Station*
- OSSA Confined Space
- OSSA Fire Watch
- OSSA Fall Protection