Patriot Forge Co. supplies carbon, alloy and stainless steel forgings with heat treatment, machining and testing.
Through continual upgrades, Patriot Forge has been able to enhance our manufacturing capabilities to better serve the needs of our ever evolving customer base.
Patriot Forge is currently recruiting for a Saw Operator.
- Set-up and operate production band saws to optimize the material cutting process
- Conduct measurements and mathematical calculations to determine material saw cutting requirements ensuring cut quality and accuracy
- Cut and prepare test samples per process specifications
- Retain appropriate test remains and maintain test remain bins
- Grind and condition stock as required
- Maintain unique shop order identification on saw cut materials to ensure traceability
- Maintain equipment in a safe and productive condition, including but not limited to, regular routine lubrication, cleaning and maintaining coolant levels
- Mentor and educate trainees on saw set ups and material cutting processes
- Operate overhead cranes, forklifts and all material handling equipment required to load / unload saws and move materials throughout the production environment
- Ensure labour reporting accuracy i.e. scan shop order routings
- Practice excellent general housekeeping, including but not limited to, his/her work area, floor areas, benches and storage areas to ensure a safe work environment
- Lift up to fifty pounds as required
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Perform additional responsibilities as required or requested by management
- Work various shifts as required
- High school diploma preferred or two years’ experience working in a similar position
- Previous band saw operating experience is considered an asset
- Familiarity with material handling equipment (overhead cranes and forklifts) and the safe handling of large objects or materials
- Blueprint reading knowledge and interpretation
- Previous experience working with steel would be an asset
- Demonstrated strong organizational, planning, coordination and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal
- Able to work with little supervision
Why work at Patriot Forge?
Company longevity, commitment to health and safety and the opportunity to join a team of long term, dedicated employees.
Company benefits include: educational assistance program, service recognition awards, social club, Company paid benefits and RRSP’s among others.
Should you possess the above credentials and are looking for an opportunity, we invite you to submit your resume to Patriot Forge Co. via the Indeed submission application. We thank all that apply but will only contact those we wish to interview.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Patriot Forge Co. is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Patriot Forge Co. if you require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process
Job Type: Full-time