Schedule of work: Monday to Friday (25-30 hours per week)
Rate of pay: $18.00 to $22.00 per hour ($1,080.00 to $1,320.00 bi-weekly)
- Prepare staff schedules at least two weeks in advance for all OSC staff.
- Prepare annual written evaluations and conduct evaluation meeting with each individual staff member with the Management Team.
- Assists Management Team in developing training plans for staff either as a whole or for an individual. (i.e., absenteeism, negative attitude, consistent tardiness, etc.)
- Training and orientation of new staff.
- Works with children in a licensed, ratio-based before and/or after school care setting, Professional days, Spring and Winter Camp days focusing on positive interaction and inclusion at all times.
- Required to be in ratio for After School shift (Monday to Friday) and some Before School shifts.
- Assists in maintaining information on Sandbox, (ie child records, documents, registration forms).
- Ensures that all of the children’s toys and equipment are in working order. Cleaned as required.
- Creating bulletin boards theme/designs with children and other staff.
- Will be involved with child guiding/discipline issues.
Day to Day Program and General Duties
- Reports directly to the Assistant Manager and in some instances the Manager.
- Ensure positive communication with families and staff, both verbal and written.
- Ensure that monthly fire and earth quake drills are conducted in Before School and After School Care.
- Works with Assistant Manager to plan snack and activity calendars.
- Responsible for monthly petty cash for both snack and/or craft supplies.
- Attends additional workshops and/or courses.
- Works with and maintains the Licensing Regulations and the Societies rules and policies.
- Attends staff meetings and workshops as required.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all matters of the Society.
- Other job related duties as specified in the Staff Handbook.
- Previous child care experience in a licensed child care and/or recreation based setting, special needs experience is an asset.
- Minimum 20 hours of education/courses in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition; supporting documents required.
- Criminal Record Check – must be in good standing.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR (C), copy of First Aid Certification required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with Microsoft programs, including Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to work well both with a team and with minimal supervision.
- Personal suitability.
- Must be 19 years or older, as per licensing requirements
- Class 4 Driver’s License an asset.
- Positive attitude, a smile and a sense of humor!
Each successful candidate must be able to:
- Lift a child
- Play games and activities with the children, which can include running, bending, walking, hiking, etc.
- Will be required to do various janitorial duties
Job Type: Full-time