Job Number: 80001
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Juravinski Hospital
Organization: AMBULATORY DIGESTIVE
Status: Casual Job Part-time
Hours per week: .01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 25.5584 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 26.0799
Post Date: Jan 16, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jan 23, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
As part of Peri-operative Program, the Endoscopy Unit provides a full range of diagnostic procedures for patients with gastrointestinal and respiratory disorders, including pre, intra and post procedural care for adult patients.
As an active member of the multidisciplinary health care team, the HCA Room Based Attendant supports patient care through equipment and supply management, maintenance of a clean, safe environment and participation in selected patient care activities using a client centered approach. The HCA Room Based Attendant provides unit support to patients, families and those providing service and/or care. Functions according to the job description for HCA Room Based Attendant in Endoscopy and performs other duties as assigned.
Schedule Work Hours
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends and Holidays as required.
1. Grade 12 high school graduate diploma or equivalent.
2. Current CPR/BCLS certificate.
3. Successful completion of CSAO Techniques course.
4. Working knowledge of Universal Precautions and WHIMIS.
5. Minimum 2 years technical experience in a similar role (the handling and care of delicate equipment) within a healthcare environment.
6. Demonstrated experience maintaining and stocking materials and supplies (both sterile and unsterile).
7. Demonstrated care, use, handling, maintenance, including disinfection and storage, of associated endoscopy equipment.
8. Demonstrated ability to function within an interdisciplinary team, including RNs, RPNs and other members of the health care team.
9. Demonstrated ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with patients, families, and other members of the health care team.
10. Ability to collaborate with Supply Chain Coordinator in order to prepare and send out equipment for repairs and communicate regarding inventory levels.
11. Demonstrated ability to function in fast-paced environments.
12. Able to read and write English proficiently.
13. Demonstrated initiative and judgment appropriate for the position.
14. Able to accept assigned or delegated functions, set priorities and organize work accordingly.
15. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using computers including Microsoft Office and Meditech.
16. Ability to lift using appropriate lifting techniques and bend, push and pull using good body techniques.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact Human Resources Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement