Lambert Nemec Group, Manitoba's Premier Specialized Recruitment Firm, has been engaged by our client to recruit a talented & highly analytical Assistant Controller. This position will be a vital member of the finance team. The Accountant will act as a central source who understands all of the various goings-on within the multiple business units. The general responsibilities will be to provide ongoing analysis and reporting, perform daily, monthly and yearly accounting functions and to gain efficiencies through the business.
- Be a trusted and valued business partner who will work closely with the Corporate Controller, VP, Finance, Executive Team, and department leaders to provide critical information to make decisions that will drive revenue and lower costs.
- Take the initiative to improve in each of these areas and have a continuous-improvement mentality through specialized reports, financial statement enhancements, key metrics, etc.
- Provide information support, data analysis, and metric reporting.
- Implement the company's accounting and control functions.
- Assist the organization in the safeguarding of company assets by reviewing, monitoring and implementing controls and adopting best practices across all business entities.
- Coordinate and prepare audit requirements and analysis ensuring it is recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop and maintain documentation of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide leadership to the Accounts Payable Clerk and oversee monthly AP accruals.
The Accountant will have a solid academic background in accounting combined with relevant experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, with a passion for making improvements to the business.
- Above average proficiency in Excel with strong knowledge in a software application for analytical and workflow purposes is critical.
- Must have a strong understanding of significant accounting cycles and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capability to build relationships and work effectively across all business functional areas and levels of an organization to attain goals and drive business results.
- Self-confident and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Exceptional communication skills and be able to tell the story behind the data. Not only take the time to review the report for accuracy but to determine what it says about the business using the key performance measures. Consider their work to be analysis rather than reporting.
- Base salary 50,000-60,000
- An excellent corporate culture with a casual and flexible work environment
- Company RRSP plan
- Free parking and employee discount program
- Excellent extended health coverage
Apply online. If you have any additional inquiries please contact Mario Tomberli, Consultant at mario@lambertnemec. com
To view other opportunities currently available go to: https://lambertnemec.com/career-portal/index.html#/jobs
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year