This position will be located at:
Hours per week:
Number of Openings:
Non Union Employees
Jan 17, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External:
Jan 24, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
HITS Customer Services Team is committed to provide our Clients with a effective single point of contact for all your Health Information Technology Service needs. To improve overall end user satisfaction and efficiency by providing support and innovation. The HITS Customer Services Team will support and resolve requests accurately and efficiently. Our goal is to exceed customer expectations and provide a world-class support team.
The Desktop Specialist is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and future planning needs of the company's desktop environment. Collaborate with existing vendors to evaluate the new technology that is available and make recommendations to the Desktop Architect and Management on using that technology. Monitor the performance of the company's desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm, On-Call, Afternoons, Weekends if required.
- Community College Diploma in Information Technology and/or Computer Science Program
- 5 to 7 Years of Desktop maintenance and Support
- 1 to 3 Years of Desktop Design and Development preferred
- 3 to 5 Years of Network Infrastructure experience preferred
- Knowledge of SCCM and Scripting preferred
- Use of office suite products, time tracking, change management and incident management tools
- High level understanding of organizational goals and objectives
- Fundamental understanding of enterprise technologies such as Citrix, Windows Server, group policies, AD, domain controllers, network design
- Strong understanding of client based devices in a healthcare environment (barcode scanners, mobile, Point of Care), thin computing environment, Windows O/S (PCs and laptops), local policies, network protocols, wireless technology
- Interpret the output generated by network discovery tools (e.g. Wireshark)
- Experience in a health care facility
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement