Rosenau Transport Ltd is looking to hire a Dispatcher/Dock Operations position in Calgary, AB. Must have valid Class #5, 2 years’ experience, and reliable transportation. Apply online today or stop by our terminals to speak with our management team about all opportunities.
Position/Title: Dispatch/Dock Operations position
Reporting To: Terminal Manager/Operations Mgr
Location: Calgary, AB
License: Class # 5, 2 years’ experience in Dispatch/Dock Operations
Must have reliable transportation as there is no bus service for this location.
Responsible for the full coordinate freight routes, equipment, drivers and customer communications on freight;
- Answer phones and take customer service requests for all freight service.
- Schedule manpower to meet customer requests and time lines.
- Assign proper vehicles for various types of freight, which includes shipping of dangerous goods requiring knowledge, and experience documenting all required paperwork for shipments;
- Coordinate drivers freight schedules so return trips are full, and the most effective use of company schedule and resources.
- Contact drivers and customers to arrange pick up and delivery times.
- Contact other companies to contract out deliveries routed to destinations other than locations we serve.
- Inform drivers of any changes in routes.
- Manage equipment (i.e.) trailers, trucks, etc.) and ensure enough equipment is available for the next day deliveries.
- Keep records and logs documenting each call.
- Liaise with management and other branches.
- Observe all company rules, policies and procedures with regards to quality control, Occupational Health and Safety, etc;
- Primarily responsible to report any injuries / incidents immediately as reported by Drivers;
- Dispatcher is required to notify Safety, Operations and Terminal Management which includes completing the dispatch of safety services where necessary and completion of initial incident report to be sent safety at head office and a copy to terminal manager;
- Other duties as assigned by the Terminal Manager;
- This position requires Dispatchers to work directly with Drivers which may require trips to the dock, shop floor, and trailer yard;
- Dispatchers will require to wear steel toe boots when they are required to work in safety sensitive area;
Requisition #2020.07– Dispatcher - City P&D Drivers
Apply today: Quote Job #2020.07 and the position online today or by email attn: Human Resources Manager.
*Only candidates with current class #5 license and 2 years dispatch/dock operations experience will be considered for this role. This is a safety sensitive position requiring mandatory pre-employment testing for under company Drug & Alcohol Policy.
*Preference for local candidates only, as there is no relocation assistance provided for this role. This role does not qualify for an LMO under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
This is a safety sensitive position requiring mandatory pre-employment testing for under company Drug & Alcohol Policy.
All Employees are required to comply with all company and regulatory safety requirements. Each employee is responsible for their personal safety.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- dispatcher: 2 years (Required)
- Freight Logistics/Transportation Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)
- Forklift Operator (Preferred)
- Dispatch personnel according to written schedules and work orders, or as required by emergency situations
- Maintain contact with drivers throughout their shifts and address any routing issues they might have
- Monitor road conditions, construction zones, and accidents in order to revise routes as needed
- Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays that occur
- Maintain vehicle operator work records using computerized or manual methods and ensure time sheets and payroll summaries are completed accurately