Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing invites you to join our culinary team for the summer 2019 season. Employment with Tyax will provide you the opportunity to develop new culinary skills while saving money and enjoying the ultimate summer experience. Cooks will work in a remote setting and create a unique experience for our guest. This is a unique opportunity that will allow you to diversify your culinary techniques and execute high-quality production. Employees are encouraged to enjoy the wilderness, adventure in the mountains, or relax in our luxurious spa. This summer, escape the city and enjoy breathtaking views of the Chilcotin Mountains.
We are looking for a Lead Breakfast Chef to work under the direction of the Sous Chef and to execute meal services and prepare high-quality menu items, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ their culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customer’s. satisfaction. The Lead Breakfast Chef works alongside the Executive Chef to manage daily morning kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. This position starts early in the morning to execute the Breakfast and staff lunch program.
Responsibilities and Duties
Lead Breakfast ChefJob Duties:
- Leads kitchen team in the mornings.
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Train new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with the head chef and sous chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists head chef with menu creation
- Coordinates with the restaurant management team on supply orders, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situations
Qualifications and Skills
Lead Breakfast ChefSkills and Qualifications:
- Willing to Work Early Mornings
- Formal Culinary Training or Equivalent
- Previous Restaurant Experience
- Restaurant Industry Knowledge
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of Restaurant Regulations
- Leadership and Management
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Exceptional Customer-Service Skills
- Will be required to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Often lifting and carrying up to 30lbs.
- Daily stairs and garbage runs.
- Minimum 1 year of professional breakfast cooking.
- 3 years of professional cooking experience.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
- Familiar with the industry’s best practices.
- Thorough understanding of how to use and maintain standard kitchen equipment.
- Culinary School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- BC Food Safe Level 1 is advantageous, or recognized equivalent
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Accommodations and meals provided free of cost.
- Full access to our spa, bar, and recreational equipment.
- Enjoy the lakefront property and Chilcotin Mountains during time off.
To Apply: Email your resume to marco"at"tyax.com
Note: Due to the nature of our business all members of the team may be required to take on additional responsibilities at times to ensure an exceptional guest experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Professional Cooking: 3 years (Required)
- Breakfast: 1 year (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)