We're looking for a UX Designer to help us design and deliver thoughtful user experiences that truly empower our customers on social. You'll be working on some of our most challenging UX problems, helping to develop creative and strong user-centered solutions in your specific portfolio area. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to the Design Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Hootsuite's business objectives, customers, product portfolio, and competition - by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Build a close and collaborative relationship with your agile squad: your product manager, product design lead, and software developers, to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver high level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mockups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate interaction and design concepts and solutions.
- Support your development team as they deliver products that implement your designs.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3-5 years experience as a strong UX team member, tackling complex design challenges and transforming them into simple, intuitive solutions.
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate creative, and user centered design solutions to complex problems
- Ability to conduct or participate in a wide range of UX design activities such as: user research, brainstorming, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing.
- Experience with responsive, cross-browser, and web app design using agile and iterative design processes.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.