Ministry of Children and Family Development
We have multiple vacancies available in communities across the province.
Child Protection Worker
$59,288.72 - $75,884.38 annually (Growth) Plus 2 Grid Temporary Market Adjustment at the full working level
The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth, and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in B.C. The Ministry is responsible for regional and province-wide delivery of services and programs through dedicated ministry social workers that support positive and healthy outcomes for children, youth and their families.
We are looking for individuals devoted to helping others and improving the lives and well-being of children and families. When you pursue a career as a Child Protection Worker, you are choosing a meaningful role in supporting the lives of British Columbians. If you have a passion towards ensuring the safety and well-being of children and want to join a collaborative, dedicated team of professionals, these opportunities are for you.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Social Work OR Child and Youth Care OR Master of Education in Counselling Psychology/Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfare OR
· In-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who have a SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field OR Bachelor’s Degree with a Major/Honors in a Human Services OR Master’s level graduate Certificate/Diploma in a Human Services field AFTER the completion of an unrelated Bachelor’s Degree.
· PLUS, a minimum of two years of recent related OR job-specific work experience.
· Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Human Services fields include: Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Indigenous Studies, Education, Theology or Nursing.
For more information, a complete list of qualifications and to apply online by September 5, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/91048
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $59,288.72-$75,884.38 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care